• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forward Calls when my phone is on airplane mode

Open your phone app and go into its settings. I don't have a Samsung so don't know how they will arrange these things, but Android phone apps should have Call Forwarding settings, probably inside "Call Settings". There's no "when in airplane mode" setting but you should be able to set it to forward to whatever numbers you like when busy, when unanswered or when unavailable (the last is what airplane mode will do), or at all times (if you use that don't forget you set it - I did once!).

Call forwarding is of course controlled by your network rather than your phone, so these settings are an interface to your phone's systems. This means that they may differ depending on what your network offers (these menus load slowly, I expect because it interacts with your network when loading them).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Open your phone app and go into its settings. I don't have a Samsung so don't know how they will arrange these things, but Android phone apps should have Call Forwarding settings, probably inside "Call Settings". There's no "when in airplane mode" setting but you should be able to set it to forward to whatever numbers you like when busy, when unanswered or when unavailable (the last is what airplane mode will do), or at all times (if you use that don't forget you set it - I did once!).

Call forwarding is of course controlled by your network rather than your phone, so these settings are an interface to your phone's systems. This means that they may differ depending on what your network offers (these menus load slowly, I expect because it interacts with your network when loading them).

So yes, within call settings there is an option to change the call forwarding when unreachable, currently set to voice mailbox. However when I try to change it to my desk phone I get the following error:

"Something went wrong. Check your SIM card or network connection and try again "

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones