• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forwarding email attachments/Saving attachments

What is the trick to being able to forward an email attachment. When i forward the email it sends it without the attachment.

Also, how do you save the attachment after opening it?

Thanks,

Not sure about the forwarding situation but to save the attachment you long press on the file...and a submenu pops up...allowing you to save it

Upvote 0
I would be happy if anyone could tell me how to simply save a POP3 email on the Droid. I've asked this here before, no luck :(

POP3 is a joke on this phone!!! It's a shame too, it's an awesome phone in every other way. My wife says they must be making it tough to use pop3 so you move over to Gmail, at first I did not agree but after 3 weeks I am starting to think she's right.

Upvote 0
Hard to believe but apparently true that one cannot forward attachments to emails on the Droid. That this basic, basic, basic function was omitted from the Android OS is incomprehensible. Obviously not included in the smarmy Droid ad for things the droid can do the iphone cannot do. One clumsy workaround is to use the Droid to go online and access one's gmail account there, retrieve the email to be forwarded and then forward it. Works but stupidly unnecessary.

demon4u

Upvote 0
POP3 is a joke on this phone!!! It's a shame too, it's an awesome phone in every other way. My wife says they must be making it tough to use pop3 so you move over to Gmail, at first I did not agree but after 3 weeks I am starting to think she's right.

I have POP3 set up in K9 mail on the Droid and have had no problems. I would love to help but I don't know what the issues are.

Upvote 0
Interesting but isn't one consideration for selecting email clients the belief they are backed by a stable and enduring enterprise? This is not to say the company behind K9 isn't one that is more rather than less likely to hang around for a long time but certainly that is a valid question to ask.

Of course that still begs the question how Google/Android didn't design their phone-based software in such a manner that this fundamental is built in?

Upvote 0
What is the trick to being able to forward an email attachment. When i forward the email it sends it without the attachment.

Also, how do you save the attachment after opening it?

Thanks,

Still can't figure out how to save a picture to Gallery. It lets me delete, set as icon, add to contacts. I just want to put the darn thing in my Gallery folder.:rolleyes: I just don't want to go thru the hassle of using my USB port.

Upvote 0
Still can't figure out how to save a picture to Gallery. It lets me delete, set as icon, add to contacts. I just want to put the darn thing in my Gallery folder.:rolleyes: I just don't want to go thru the hassle of using my USB port.

Got the Answer: Click on the message and when the attachment pops up press on the picture (long).. Menu pops up... Save to SD Card.
Now why couldn't I find this in the online instruction manual??????:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones