1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Forwarding Text Thread to Personal e-mail

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TREV21, Aug 5, 2011.

1. TREV21

TREV21 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I would like to forward an entire text thread to my e-mail address and was wondering if anyone knew how to do this. I use both the stock text messenger and Handcent but can't find a way to do with either of them. Is there another text app out there that would allow me to do this? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. becky1968

becky1968 New Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I would love to know how to send an entire thread.... I have been sending it message by message which takes way too long!

3. TREV21

TREV21 Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sent request to Handcent for this improvement. not sure if its in the pay version or not.

marctronixx likes this.
  4. asciidic

asciidic New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    I use a handy app called sms archiver. It dumps the thread to a txt file and from there you can send it as an attachment. I've seen a text editor that lets you send the contents of a txt file as the body of an email but I don't remember what it was called.

5. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    If he wants to keep the authenticity of the thread so it doesn't look like he changed something then this probably wouldn't be a good idea. I was thinking screen shots but no good if you're not rooted. I think with Handcent the only way to do this is with the VIP service.

Try SMSBackup+ by Jan Berkel

There's another one by Chris Studer

Tags: