• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Found out something awesome

mi04se1

Android Enthusiast
Jul 21, 2010
White Lake, MI
After I installed my music on the Captivate and plugged the video cable into the factory screen of my car (Pontiac G8). I wanted to see how everything including nav on the screen and it looked pretty dam good. I fired up the music player and put it in the background and fired up Google Nav. I entered a destination and every time it spoke a direction, the music paused then started playing after the directions. I was wondering about this from day one and I found out and Im happy about it.

After I installed my music on the Captivate and plugged the video cable into the factory screen of my car (Pontiac G8). I wanted to see how everything including nav on the screen and it looked pretty dam good. I fired up the music player and put it in the background and fired up Google Nav. I entered a destination and every time it spoke a direction, the music paused then started playing after the directions. I was wondering about this from day one and I found out and Im happy about it.

Great post! I JUST finished doing this in my Dakota R/T with an aftermarket in-dash flip up. I now have DVD, broadcast radio, iPod, Bluetooth and the ability to do as you said: have music in the backround, while using navigation. I had Sirius but who needs it with Pandora; and I actually found the sound quality better. I just wish the resolution was better, but hey it is what it is.

I also used a vehicle specific Panavise mount, and a Bracketron swivel holder and mount. Makes it easy to go from portrait to landscape with the flick of your wrist.

Couldn't do it with the 3Gs!

Upvote 0
Great post! I JUST finished doing this in my Dakota R/T with an aftermarket in-dash flip up. I now have DVD, broadcast radio, iPod, Bluetooth and the ability to do as you said: have music in the backround, while using navigation. I had Sirius but who needs it with Pandora; and I actually found the sound quality better. I just wish the resolution was better, but hey it is what it is.

I also used a vehicle specific Panavise mount, and a Bracketron swivel holder and mount. Makes it easy to go from portrait to landscape with the flick of your wrist.

Couldn't do it with the 3Gs!
I got the same mount, I love it.

Upvote 0
Well, satellite reception coverage is quite more-extensive than cellular coverage. I'd hate to lose radio any time I lost cell reception while driving. I wouldn't have music more than 50% of the time.

To be quite honest, when and where I drive, Sirius would cut out where Pandora doesn't. Under freeway overpasses and tree lined roads would be good examples. I can't justify almost $15 a month for Sirius when it has been my experience that Pandora actually has better sound quality.

Even in areas of Edge coverage only, Pandora still worked. I guess if I was in a situation where I didn't have coverage, there is always 30 gigs of music to listen to. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones