• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Found temp fix for low aux cord volume/software issue?

baybelolife

Feb 6, 2017
I actually found this by accident doing 70 mph on the highway.

I use the aux cord for music and GPS. And I've been struggling getting a decent amount of volume through the aux cord. It's bearable but not as loud as I like it.

So as I'm on the highway I get a call from a coworker, unable to answer the phone I let it go to voicemail.

So I listen to the voicemail and soon as the voicemail is done playing the music gets considerably louder with no distortion. It's almost as if it's supposed to be this loud.

After I get to work I do more testing and it works until I close the voicemail app.

I'm using the stock music player on ZTE ZMAX Pro and Visual Voicemail.

If anybody can take the reigns from here and help me figure out how Visual Voicemail can effect the volume, I'd be greatful.

I've tried to see what processes are running using apps while it's happening. But Marshmallow makes it difficult to run a few apps at the same time.

I believe theres a process that unhinders the audio and makes the calls louder and temporarily routes all audio through the process. But once that process is not needed it goes back to the default.

Upvote 0
Guys using Aux for music need a DAC of some sort to get good quality. JBL-MS2 is a one of a kind product and nothing anywhere near it for the $30 price range. I recommend this to every huma who uses aux for music. I cringe when I hear aux 3.5 music over loudspeakers. It's god awful for this day and age.

I know lately when I watch some videos on my phone with volume maxed I can sometimes barely hear the music but this isn't a aux issue, so Im gonna try some testing myself with visual voicemail in the background and see if that helps

Upvote 0
I don't think it would work that way for youtube. YouTube has to play in the background. A music player app works cause it's designed to play in the background. Here's the way I did it:

Open your music player and play a song.
Press home button.
Open Visual Voicemail.
Play a voicemail then stop it after a few seconds.
Music gets louder.

My issue is there's some kind of cap on the audio volume. If somebody could write a script or design an app that reroutes the music audio through the audio process used to hear phone calls through the headphone jack. There's a app called SoundAbout in Google Play that's similar to what I'm talking about.

Upvote 0
Everybody please try the glitch before you talk about Dolby. Dolby is nothing more than an EQ. Im not dumb enough to make a post without trying all the basic stuff. Dolby, volume booster apps are not comparable.

Play a song
Hit home button
Open VV
Play a voicemail
Stop voicemail
You'll see

This is for aux cord users who don't get enough volume power to their car stereo.
Also for ppl who don't want to shell out $50 for a headphone amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nintendo1889
Upvote 0
I actually found this by accident doing 70 mph on the highway.

I use the aux cord for music and GPS. And I've been struggling getting a decent amount of volume through the aux cord. It's bearable but not as loud as I like it.

So as I'm on the highway I get a call from a coworker, unable to answer the phone I let it go to voicemail.

So I listen to the voicemail and soon as the voicemail is done playing the music gets considerably louder with no distortion. It's almost as if it's supposed to be this loud.

Don't know about the voicemail making the sound louder but I also mainly use this shitty phone for music and GPS. So I don't know why you didn't experience the music is also louder after the maps voice ends in between route turn notifications.

Upvote 0
It looks like b14 has a glitch. I am only seeing it with headphones: I enable volume leveler, dialogue enhancer, and surround virtualizer, and set the manual EQ to have eq bars 2 and 3 almost all the way up (they affect voice the most). It gets very loud (with the volume at 10 to 15 percent) but it only happens when Spotify plays the next song. If I press the hardware volume button up, it goes back to the normal low volume.

Leaving vvm open while the song skips to the next one doesn't have any affect.

Upvote 0
Don't know about the voicemail making the sound louder but I also mainly use this shitty phone for music and GPS. So I don't know why you didn't experience the music is also louder after the maps voice ends in between route turn notifications.
I use Waze for GPS. It just lowers the music when it talks then resumes normal volume.

Upvote 0
I use Waze for GPS. It just lowers the music when it talks then resumes normal volume.

I use waze for the longest time when I have my first smartphone. Really good in letting you know of cop presence near you.:D And that is mainly why I stuck with it long time.

But google maps is the best so far in rerouting you if there's traffic/avoiding traffic. So I use google maps now and that's when the music is louder after the voice navigation. Thing is though, it also goes back to low sound after another voice navigation. So your music goes to low to high to low, etc. Try it sometime. Coz that's how shitty this phone is. LOL.

Reactions: Nintendo1889
Upvote 0
Moved on and moved up. All SD cards now.
DSC_0009.JPG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones