• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Found:Working Version of Adobe Flash player for Previal!

can somebody send me a copy of the stock build.prop? i disabled stagefright on the shabbymod 0.8.5 build.prop and flash still does not work
I'm running the build.prop outta shabbymod 7 Slim, but heres the backup of my stock build.prop from EE14.

****Edit****

To those of you who are having issues with it not working, could you try downloading tinyshark from the market?

Even if you don't use it after this, it does require flash to run, and it has a built in flash checker.

You could also try going to the flash website.

Also don't mind the funky colors, shootme doesn't like our phone but heres some screenshots for flash:

snap20110707_233032.png
snap20110707_233016.png
snap20110707_232721.png
snap20110707_232740.png

snap20110707_232945.png

Attachments

• STOCK BUILD.PROP.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 60
Upvote 0
Hmm.. Weird. Not sure what it could be then. For those of you running stock and having issues did you get the EE14 update or are your just running EE13 with safe modem update from here?

Browsers I have used with Flash and had work:
Stock Prevail Browser
Skyfire (not using their video link, as I was able to view embedded Flash videos, granted they looked a little off on a few sites)
Dolphin HD (newest version, installed after I installed Flash)

Quick Edit: In stock browser flash auto loads, in Dolphin HD it loads as though I don't have flash, but rather than a Blue lego looking thing, I have a green arrow pointing down. Once I click on the arrow it loads the flash content.

Also I'll post what i've done/running on my prevail:

Uninstalled:
Stock email (have gmail so it seemed pointless)
Swype Keyboard
Lymar or whatever it was called.
Hookyt or whatever it was called.
SCVNGR
Twidroyd
Youtube
Poynt

I am rooted.
Installed:
Remaining stock Apps including Browser (All EE14, was force updated before I could root)
Amazon App store
Barcodescanner
Llama
Dolphin HD browser.
Titanium Backup Pro
Updated Superuser (Updated it through the market, was base version from root, also updated my SU binary after upgrading SU)
Root explorer
Tinyshark
Old time radio
Power Control Plus
SeekDroid
Handful of games

Downloaded the flash apk directly to my phone from the site and installed.
Also had phone in debug mode with Unknown sources allowed (Not sure if that matters, but as the apk was modified it might)

Recently moved it to my system/app folder but it was working before hand and is still working.

Upvote 0
I think its working now, but a few things. Mnemonic, could you google flash video demo, then goto that link, and tell me what you get.

Also, when using a desktop computer, and you go to almost any website, you get those flash ads, like on msn's home page all the way on the right you get an ad that constantly flashes, do get these types of ads on your phone like on the desktop?

Just curious, because is it supposed to act like flash on the desktop, or is it just for playing flash video you click on?

Upvote 0
I think its working now, but a few things. Mnemonic, could you google flash video demo, then goto that link, and tell me what you get.

Also, when using a desktop computer, and you go to almost any website, you get those flash ads, like on msn's home page all the way on the right you get an ad that constantly flashes, do get these types of ads on your phone like on the desktop?

Just curious, because is it supposed to act like flash on the desktop, or is it just for playing flash video you click on?
flashcomguru.com/apps/ something or other?

I get a big white screen with a green arrow in dolphin HD. It plays a BBC motion gallery when I click on it, only issue is half the screen is green the other half purple, but it does play the video.

Not sure on the ads, I had ad free installed, even though its uninstalled it looks like its still blocking ads on web pages. I'll see this link is not available with the little android guy.

Upvote 0
ok, I dont get the ads either, guess thats normal, but I didnt try dolphin for the BBc video, I tried skyfire, and it wont play, I get the blue square. Did you try it with skyfire on yours?

I uninstalled Skyfire after I got flash working as for most videos I watched played just fine with flash and it could play the embedded flash videos that skyfire can't, even though some of them tend to be purple/green at least it would load the video rather than have skyfire tell me no video is present.

I'll test on the stock browser and reinstall skyfire when I get off work today and let you know how it went.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled Skyfire after I got flash working as for most videos I watched played just fine with flash and it could play the embedded flash videos that skyfire can't, even though some of them tend to be purple/green at least it would load the video rather than have skyfire tell me no video is present.

I'll test on the stock browser and reinstall skyfire when I get off work today and let you know how it went.

I appreciate the help. I don't think mine is working like yours though, dont know why:thinking:

Upvote 0
I hate to break it to you but the site you're testing on, funnyordie, works without flash. I just tried it out.

You know what, Necrotoxin is correct, I dont believe this flash player is working at all. IT does say its installed when checked, but doesnt operate. I can view all those videos without flash, and it does look like your screen shots. True flash will not open up a seperate player, it will play videos right on the website with the webiste still displayed.

Upvote 0
You know what, Necrotoxin is correct, I dont believe this flash player is working at all. IT does say its installed when checked, but doesnt operate. I can view all those videos without flash, and it does look like your screen shots. True flash will not open up a seperate player, it will play videos right on the website with the webiste still displayed.

That's correct. When it opens the media player that means your getting a mobile stream not embedded flash.

Upvote 0
I have been staying away from this until the dust settled on what was what. My question to whoever knows is:

Do it work or don't it? I think I need a Flash for Dummies primer. I really do not think that I miss it that much on my phone but maybe I am wrong. What am I missing by not having it?
I dont use it so I dont miss it but some games use flash, and some embedded video in websites. Again I dont mind I dont watch much tv on my phone, that would be the number one reason to have flash I believe.
I would like it working, just to say it is but that is all.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
I dont use it so I dont miss it but some games use flash, and some embedded video in websites. Again I dont mind I dont watch much tv on my phone, that would be the number one reason to have flash I believe.
I would like it working, just to say it is but that is all.

Thanks, brother. Now, I don't feel so bad about not really being too worried about this.

Upvote 0
Thanks, brother. Now, I don't feel so bad about not really being too worried about this.

Eh. Give me some sites to test out and I will. But I can use tinyshark and other flash required apps so far so I'd have to say its working. Like I said most flash sites have mobile sides to them, but I can use the desktop sites.

I know funny or die has a mobile page that loads when you go there, and you can switch to their desktop site.

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
Eh. Give me some sites to test out and I will. But I can use tinyshark and other flash required apps so far so I'd have to say its working. Like I said most flash sites have mobile sides to them, but I can use the desktop sites.

I know funny or die has a mobile page that loads when you go there, and you can switch to their desktop site.

Sounds pretty Cool. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this for the rest of us. TinyShark sounds interesting.

Upvote 0

I did go to the desktop site. However I believe when you load the video it checks your user agent and if it determines you're on a mobile it loads the mobile video rather than streaming the flash video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones