• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Four minor annoyances with new Z3 Compact

Hello,

I've recently upgraded from an HTC Desire S (yes, I have been using a triassic-era handset) to the Z3 compact, and I had a couple of issues with the new phone,

1. When I unlock the phone, I see the call history screen as a default rather than my home page. I've looked but can't seem to find the setting that controls this.

2. I listen to podcasts a lot which I just copy over from the iTunes folders and drop into the Podcasts folders. This worked fine on the HTC Desire (i.e. the podcasts would be categorized under Podcasts). On the Z3 I used Sony's stock Music application rather than Google Play Music. On the Z3 these podcasts aren't classified as podcasts and the only way I can access them in by going to the Folders option and selecting the individual one.

3. Another podcast related issue - if I toggle between a podcast and a music track, and then reselect the podcast, I'd expect the podcast to start off at the last played point rather than the beginning. This is how the HTC used to work. However, on the Z3 each time I toggle tracks - it always starts at the beginning.

4. The Google search box doesn't search any of the content on the phone. I can't use it to find application settings, files or music. I could configure it to search locally on the HTC. Is this a configuration that's missing from the Z3?

I am running Android v 5.0.2. The phone is not rooted.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones