1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Fox-Fi Wireless confirmed working on Galaxy Note 5

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drewdini1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Drewdini1

Drewdini1 Lurker
    None

Aug 19, 2015
    Male
    I Ordered my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on 8/14/15 Pre-order through Verizon wireless Business account. To my surprise it arrived Monday 8/17/15. I was frustrated when I went from the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Droid Turbo because Verizon has blocked all ways to get wi-fi working on the grandfathered data plan. I was always a stickler for being able to expand the memory with a micro SD card, but learned to live without it on the Droid. The processing speed is so much faster with the native built in storage, which I appreciate.
    The first app I tried out on Monday was the Fox-Fi (Pda net) app, and it worked flawlessly, including wireless function. I like that Samsung didn't go uber big, because I like that I can still fit the phone in my jeans side pocket. The Spigen case with kickstand actually arrived today, and it is very nice at protecting the phone, while keeping it very slim. The Stylus works great. I was contemplating a wireless charger, but not sure if it will work with a case installed on phone....Anyone that has experience with wireless chargers, I would like to know how well they wo
    Overall, I'm very happy.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

KOLIO likes this.
  2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    Glad to hear it,haven't used Fox-Fi in ages,but,nice to know it's functional should the occasion arise.

My experience is the better docks will charge w/a case installed,with the TYLT & Samsung wireless docks being among the better ones available.
    I say go for the QI/PMA charging.

3. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    truck driver
    in my big-truck
    +1 confirming FoxFi working... so far

KOLIO likes this.
  4. YamR1

YamR1 Member
    None

Mar 28, 2010
    Just curious if foxfi is still working for you because it just quit tonight on the S5.

5. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    truck driver
    in my big-truck
    well, crap NOT working for me now either...

6. swampmedic9

swampmedic9 Lurker
    None

Oct 20, 2015
    Male
    Still working for me. Use it daily

7. recDNA

recDNA Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Is there a thread with installation directions so I don't activate vzw hotpot?

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was released in August of 2015 and was the company's flagship phablet for the year. The device features a 5.66-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 16MP main camera.