• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Foxfi and ZTE?

i never had much luck with barnacle it was always kinda buggy for me but im not saying it wont work. as far as the update goes though there are two problems with your theory. rooting wont effect your ability to upgrade. root now and youll still be able to run the update and do everything just fine

also there is no guarantee youll be able to root the new update. the tool we have is built for ics, new update is jellybean. we may have to find a workaround

Upvote 0
as far as i know rooting shouldnt effect the ability to update, as long as you didnt mess with any of the stock files that came on the phone. deleting or modifying anything that came on it originally will cause an ota to fail though. it checks the files individually on the system partition but if im not mistaken it doesnt check the system partition as a whole so adding things wont make a bit of difference

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones