1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support FoxFi Bluetooth Connection.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jimingo, Dec 26, 2013.

1. jimingo

jimingo Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Maryland, US
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Verizon version with Android 4.3 completely stock) that I'm trying to tether to my Nexus 7( 2012 version completely stock with Android 4.4.2). I can pair the devices and Foxfi says I'm connected through the Bluetooth connection but I still get no internet connection. I know the wifi tethering was broken by 4.3 but the comments section make it seem like the Bluetooth tethering still works.

I have tried uninstalling both Foxfi from the phone side and pdanet tablet from the tablet side with no luck. I have tried chrome, play store and a few other apps to see if they can get a connection. I tried pulse, weather app, speednet, poker game and so on and so forth.

On a some what related note, I thought Verizon could no longer block access to tethering apps?

Note to self: never update android OS without checking the comment section of the Play store for a specific app I use on a daily basis.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    They can, and are. It's an arms race. Now somneone has to write a tethering app that gets around the block, and they'll develop a way to block that, and someone will ... etc., etc.

3. jimingo

jimingo Newbie
    None

Jul 14, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Maryland, US
    So I got an email back from the developer of FoxFi which said:

Could you try to turn on FoxFi (WiFi mode) again and see if the issue is
    fixed now? You should be prompted to install a certificate first.

I'm not sure how this worked but it did. Before I created this post, I of course tried to turn on wifi tether and was prompted to contact Verizon to add tethering to my plan. Naturally that will never happen so I tried Bluetooth teething to no avail.

I was prompted to install a certificate and open a VPN connection and create a pin number on my lock screen but....

I can tether again.....

funkylogik likes this.