• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Foxfi certificate and password

jetguat

Android Enthusiast
Sep 18, 2011
Midwest
Installed foxfi and was gonna start it for the first time. Like one my bionic or said I needed to install a certificate and that a password of pin might be needed. On the bionic after doing that I could not disable the screen lock without uninstalling.

Who installed foxif. Was a screen lock password or pin needed. Is there harm in installing the certificate?

Launch FoxFi, hit the menu button --> hashcode, then type in "nolockscreen" without the quotes. You still have to install the certificates, but that will bypass the required pin/pattern lock screen.
Awesome. That worked. In fact I didn't knowingly install the certificates. I canceled the certificate install, entered hash code and the hit to activate hot spot. Got the known VzW subscription screen and hit the home button to go around it. And the hot spot appears to be up. Need to test.

muchas gracias!!

Upvote 0
I have been using FoxFi with my Note2 and now Note3 and all of a sudden it is asking me to install a Certificate to open a VPN connection.

1. Why is it asking to install a certificate to open a VPN?
2. When I launch it, it asks me to click a checkbox agreeing that I trust it so I can open a VPN connection. Nothing happens at this point when I click on the menu button.

Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0
What is the certificate even for and why does it want one now, when it never did before?

Thanks.

I'm not sure. I know with a VPN running, it will 'hide' what you are tethering. So let's say you are using a laptop/desktop computer, your carrier, if they want to can look to see if your browser is a mobile or desktop version.
I'm still not sure if that's the true reason that they added the VPN and certificate stuff.

Reactions: kathayes
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones