1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Foxfi, Galaxy S, Cspire, Personal Hotspot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by duhwhat, Apr 19, 2012.

1. duhwhat

duhwhat Lurker

I have upgraded my operating system to 2.2, downloaded Foxfi and tried to use it as a personal hotspot. It seems to come up alright but when you try to connect to it from another device it says the internet is not found. On my windows 7 laptop it says something about an invalid IP address and shows 'limited access' on the task bar.

I am surprised there is so little information regarding this problem using a google search.

I have tried everything I have found so far including rebooting the phone and adding 192.168.1.1 to the settings/wifi/advanced/gateway. I wonder if I check 'static IP' and enter my Ip address if that will help.

I read a lot of postive results with this unrooted app and am a little frustrated with not being able to get it to work.

I also wonder if Cspire has blocked it somehow.

Thanks for your thoughts

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JNMEATON

JNMEATON Lurker

it is my understanding that Cspire is not allowing Wifi/hotspot to be accessed. i have tried to root my phone and bricked it b/c of them being a regional carrier and there being no files avail. for the "rooting" process to achive the ability to use that option. i have been on the phone with their techs even. they have not said if they will EVER let us have mobile hotspot capabilities. hope this helps.

duhwhat likes this.
  3. duhwhat

duhwhat Lurker

I got the idea to do it from a friend that is on Cspire but has an Iphone. When I asked him about it this was his response.

"Yeah I went to Settings, network, then turned hot spot on... After that personal hotspot appears in your settings menu. Once you do that you can either use it as a wireless hotspot or tethered with you USB cable."

At no additional cost?

"On my plan it is not. I have unlimited data. "

Samsung Galaxy S Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews