1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

FoxFi not working on droid razr maxx hd

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by superfly611, Dec 24, 2012.

1. superfly611

superfly611 Lurker

I downloaded the app foxfi I believe the beginning of last month and i was using it for a while. it worked great when I needed it. But just the other day I went to go use it and now it's asking me or it's saying it's checking for subscription status and that I have to pay $30 a month in order to tether. the phone I have is that Motorola droid razr maxx hd and it's running android version 4.1.1.

On a side note I don't know if it matters but I still have the unlimited data plan which I thought I read somewhere is why the tethering is not working but if I did have to pay for data say the 2 GB a-month plan that I would not have to pay for tethering. Is this correct? I really would like to use my 4G to be able to download stuff for my computer. Any help would be great.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

You have to buy the unlock key for foxfi now.:rolleyes:
    Just root and get free tether. :D

3. superfly611

superfly611 Lurker

i am afraid of bricking it... what are the odds? is there any way to tether for free without rooting or i am willing to do 1 time payment for tethering app? i dont want to have to spend an extra $30 a month to tether. I figure they would catch on to that app eventually. That stinks.

On a side note if I tether my computer isn't there a 5 GB For tethering? I know I read in fine print somewhere for my unlimited plan it's really not unlimited (verizoin).

thanks

4. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Android Expert

If it was working before, you must have upgraded your OS in the meantime. Android 4.1.1 = Jelly Bean, which is clearly stated in the FoxFi release notes as being not supported.

5. superfly611

superfly611 Lurker

oh. is there an easy way to downgrade my razr?