• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FPS Cap Lift Causing EVO to Overheat?

My EVO has been rebooting frequently since the latest OTA update. I've tried doing a hard reset and taking out the MicroSD card, and it seems to keep happening. It seems to get hotter and hotter if I have a Live Wallpaper on. Is it just me? Is this related to the FPS cap being lifted, in the sense that the GPU is allowed to work harder than necessary? I should also mention that I'm using the Otterbox Commuter which is quite an insulator and may be part of the problem.

sorry for bringing up an old thread but my EVO has been resetting itself lately. Usually during Angry Birds. I did a nandroid restore and its still doing it on my previous backup. It even did it while play another game. Then, it just went into a boot loop at the white HTC logo. untill I pulled the battery and let it cool down a bit. Do you think Sprint will exchange for a new one? I even have quite a bit of dust under my screen that u can clearly see.

Upvote 0
People download too many apps, bad apps, or apps not from the market which could cause this problem. I'd wipe all the apps one by one until the problem goes away. If that doesn't work reset the phone to its factory settings because you royally jacked up the phone. If that doesn't fix the problems then call your insurance company because you need a replacement phone because its a hardware problem.

Also, I am wondering how people complain about their phone but don't tell us if they have recently dropped the phone either. Then the phone is blamed.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to post an update. I went and paid the $35 so that the Sprint Techs could look at my phone and they said that my phone failed all the tests and that they are going to give me another Evo! But, they are back ordered so I'm going to have to wait at least a week or so.

My phone has gotten progressively worse. Before it would reboot when just playing games but now it's doing it just while surfing the net or just messing around with menus.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Just wanted to post an update. I went and paid the $35 so that the Sprint Techs could look at my phone and they said that my phone failed all the tests and that they are going to give me another Evo! But, they are back ordered so I'm going to have to wait at least a week or so.

My phone has gotten progressively worse. Before it would reboot when just playing games but now it's doing it just while surfing the net or just messing around with menus.

Thank you for the update!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones