1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Framaroot won't root phone.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paddy_Boy99, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Paddy_Boy99

Paddy_Boy99 Lurker
    None

Jan 21, 2014
    Male
    Ireland
    I got my xperia m about a month ago and I installed framaroot and installed superuser through it and it rooted fine. Recently though I have factory reset my phone and tried installing framaroot again on my xperia m and chose to install superuser using "gandalf" as I did before but now whenever I try to install superuser through Framaroot, it is not there in my apps menu and through using "root checker" I have discovered that even though I used Framaroot, my phone is not actually rooted. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff so any help at all is appreciated, I just want to root the phone to move my apps and games to my sd card and use them from there as there is little space on the internal storage (2gb) for them.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Without Superuser or SuperSu, an app can't get root, so root checker will report that you're not rooted. Install SuperSu from the Play store. If the rest of the rooting worked (basically su was installed), you'll get a response that you're rooted.

If not, find an exploit for your model (there's more than one model of the M) and root it manually, using adb.

3. shahin9315

shahin9315 Lurker
    None

May 15, 2014
    Male
    Articled Student
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Hello
    I m stuffing same problem on my Nokia X device. SuperSU install 1st time, but now root chaker shows that my device is not rooted and Framaroot can't istalling superSU again it shows (Failed: Try another exploit if available Error # 7). I tried to unistall SuperSU but it also shows uninstalling failed.

What can i do now, please let me know ASAP.

4. Faisalhasan

Faisalhasan Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2014
    Factory reset again and now download framaroot 1.6.0, now go for gandalf. Your phone will be rooted.
    Hit thanks if I helped you

5. patmurph123

patmurph123 Newbie
    None

Apr 16, 2014
    I had a similar problem a few months ago, and got a helpful reply recently -- here's a reply I just made to the helpful post .....

-----------------------------------------------------------
    I had tried (with no success) all sorts - Framaroot / Kingo etc to root the phone.
    For some reason I was lead to believe that rooting was impossible while Bootloader unlock allowed = NO.

I had a look at your suggestions - saferoot / towelroot, and googled a bit.
    I decided to try Towelroot.
    I already had Busybox/SuperSu on the phone from a previous incarnation, until Sony messed things up with their 4.3 upgrade.

Running TowelRoot was simple - no PC required - just download and installed the .apk from www.towelroot.com
    My virus s/w (Avast) went bananas *** MALWARE detected - TROJAN reported etc. and tried to stop me many times but I decided based on what I had read to take a chance.
    Result - phone rooted YIPPEE

The only reason I need a rooted phone it is to change the /etc/hosts file so that I don't have to look at moronic garbage that imbeciles in the advertising industry try to bombard us all with.

DISCLAIMER - I took a chance ignoring all the warning messages my virus/malware detector screamed about. As far as I can tell all is well but I can't guarantee that the software produced by George (Hotz tough) is AOK. If anyone runs into problems with TowelRoot as a result of my favourable experience - I cannot accept responsibility !!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Varun gautam

Varun gautam Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2014
    After a factory reset to use framaroot, first go to settings and enable usb debugging which can be found in developer options or go to (about phone and click on build number 5 to 10 times then it will show you developer options then enable usb debugging). Then just install framaroot istall SuperSU then choose a method. It will show you a message then just reboot the device -that's it.........

7. Varun gautam

Varun gautam Lurker
    None

Oct 1, 2014
    After a factory reset to use framaroot, first go to settings and enable usb debugging which can be found in developer options or go to (about phone and click on build number 5 to 10 times then it will show you developer options then enable usb debugging). Then just install framaroot istall SuperSU then choose a method. It will show you a message then just reboot the device -that's it.........

8. Kazi Salman

Kazi Salman Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    I am having lenovo a730 tab, i want to root it but whenever i do with with framaroot it says 'Failed try other option #9 ' . Please Help me to root it.., Thank U

9. amriyani

amriyani Lurker
    None

Oct 2, 2015
    Female

10. Ravenlord99

Ravenlord99 Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    same problem here, but i've try to uninstall latest framaroot version and i change to ver 1.6.0
    yep, now my device has rooted