• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Frankenrom is alive.

Couple things I've noticed after a couple hours running this with your newest kernel release.

First I'm still getting download hangups in the market, It's happened with every 2.2 ROM I've used. It's not a deal breaker but it is frustrating.

Second, I'm getting extreme internet screen and keyboard lag when in the browser.

Idk if either are fixable by you because I saw this issue with both virtuous and skyraider, just wanted to put it out there.

Other then that, another solid ROM release.

-Flawless

Upvote 0
umm im not sure if this happened to anyone else.. but this morn i rebooted phone like power off and power on normally like your suppost to.. but when it loaded up the screen where the boot animation was all white it made the sound but all white and then when the phone was suppost to load it was all white still so had to nandroid back to a diff rom i was using..

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
A couple things I'm wondering with this ROM:

1. How do I get the round battery indicator and hide the location symbol and not remove the 6 signal bars? I tried the skyraider ones and I ended up with a 4 bar signal indicator.

2. Is there a way to restore my sms and mms messages from Titanium backup without breaking mms? I restore the two green ones with SMS in the name, which I think are something like "SMS/MMS/APN" and "SMS/MMS prefs" and I can no longer receive MMS. I get a "message not downloaded" error. I thought maybe it was related to the APN, so I backed up my APN before restoring SMS/MMS and then restored the APN, but it didn't work.

Thanks again for a great ROM Adrynalyne. You do great work. I got a kick out of the boot animation and it scared my wife the first few times I rebooted my phone.

Upvote 0
so i figured backing, clearing, and flashing this rom during my biology class today would be a good idea............

so after flashing it, i click reboot phone and of course, my phone starts yelling, "ITS ALIVEEEEEEEEE!!!" n there was nothing i could do hahaha

everyone just stared in confusion and laughed. it was pretty funny, just thought i'd share that

Upvote 0
A couple things I'm wondering with this ROM:

1. How do I get the round battery indicator and hide the location symbol and not remove the 6 signal bars? I tried the skyraider ones and I ended up with a 4 bar signal indicator.

2. Is there a way to restore my sms and mms messages from Titanium backup without breaking mms? I restore the two green ones with SMS in the name, which I think are something like "SMS/MMS/APN" and "SMS/MMS prefs" and I can no longer receive MMS. I get a "message not downloaded" error. I thought maybe it was related to the APN, so I backed up my APN before restoring SMS/MMS and then restored the APN, but it didn't work.

Thanks again for a great ROM Adrynalyne. You do great work. I got a kick out of the boot animation and it scared my wife the first few times I rebooted my phone.

Well for SMS I use this app.

SMS Backup & Restore

MMS on the other had, I'm not sure of another way to back them up.

-Flawless

Upvote 0
so i figured backing, clearing, and flashing this rom during my biology class today would be a good idea............

so after flashing it, i click reboot phone and of course, my phone starts yelling, "ITS ALIVEEEEEEEEE!!!" n there was nothing i could do hahaha

everyone just stared in confusion and laughed. it was pretty funny, just thought i'd share that

That's funny. You know if you merely touch the external speaker on this phone, it pretty much kills all sound. Comes in handy when stuff like this happens!

Upvote 0
That's funny. You know if you merely touch the external speaker on this phone, it pretty much kills all sound. Comes in handy when stuff like this happens!

i was trying to lol, but i kept putting my finger over the camera and wondering why it wasn't getting quiet. i didn't silence it until i turned the phone over and actually looked for the speaker, but by then the damage was done

Upvote 0
Yep that worked well for me. I got the same suggestion from Adrynalyne and Berzerker on the IRC channel. Now I know not to use Titanium to do the SMS/MMS restore. Thanks.

I loaded Frankenrom today at work and did use titanium to restore my sms/mms. Should I not do this? Its worked great from rom to rom up to this point. I believe its only the data restored, not overwriting any system files.

Upvote 0
Just sent the link via Twitter. So funny!

I re-boot just to mess with co-workers. It's hilarious!! They all look around and wonder whats going on. :D

To add some more FrankenRom goodness. I use the Boris Karloff "Grrrrr" from one of his Frankenstein movies as a notification sound. Howard Stern fans know what I'm talking about. You can find the "Grrrrrr" audio here:

THE PIT! ~ Boris Karloff

Scroll down to Frankens.wav.

Disclaimer: According to the website, the wavs are free to download.

Upvote 0
I loaded Frankenrom today at work and did use titanium to restore my sms/mms. Should I not do this? Its worked great from rom to rom up to this point. I believe its only the data restored, not overwriting any system files.

That might be a YMMV situation. I think I had done the Titanium restore of SMS/MMS successfully in the past also, but I don't receive many MMS messages, so I can't be sure. SMS has never broken when I have done the restore, but MMS seems more touchy. When you did the restore, which SMS/MMS parts did you restore? I did "SMS/MMS/APN Dialer Storage 2.2" and "SMS/MMS PREFS Messages 1.00", but maybe I didn't need to do both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones