• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Freaked out

Use the 'My Files' app, the Samsung file manager app in your Apps menu, to get the file details on what time it was created. If the phone was in your pocket or something like that maybe the sounds will correlate with wherever you were standing at that time?

Maybe but I looked at the file data and apparently it's from last year BUT I just got the phone

Upvote 0
Maybe but I looked at the file data and apparently it's from last year BUT I just got the phone

How did you determine that the file was from last year? I see nothing here that would indicate that. The filename itself indicates it was created May 1st of this year.

Do you have an app called "inshot" installed on your phone? I would guess this is where the video file came from. InShot is a video editor with effects so it could have come with the app, or more likely, you inadvertently created the video yourself.

And, just because it's in your "gallery" doesn't mean it's not part of an app. The gallery app will scan all user storage for any media and unless folders are specifically ignored, it will show you any media on your device. If you want to know exactly where the file is located, select it in the gallery and then go to menu>details (or properties, not sure which your phone will have). That information could be a great clue to where the file came from.

Upvote 0
If I understand correctly, OP took the original video (for which he hasn't shared the file name), and used the app inshot to remove the image, but not the sound. (Although I assume that the OP did not recognise the password as being their own).

From our point of view, OP, that really gives us very little information to go on. At the very least, the original file name and the full directory where you found it ought to be some indicator. If it is in your DCIM folder, then the phone recorded it, but if you found it within an app's directory then it may be something else. (E.g. part of a downloaded game or something like that).

Last edited:
Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
So the sealed carton must have already been opened before you received the phone? Although it sounds like they sold you an ex-demo phone if the manager's son had been playing with it.

FWIW every time I buy a new phone from a store I always check the box security seals are intact before accepting it. Because if they're not, I can't be sure that a phone hasn't been tampered with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
So the sealed carton must have already been opened before you received the phone? Although it sounds like they sold you an ex-demo phone if the manager's son had been playing with it.

FWIW every time I buy a new phone from a store I always check the box security seals are intact before accepting it. Because if they're not, I can't be sure that a phone hasn't been tampered with.

Well i had the phone traded in for one with intact seals and everything's good now

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones