1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Freaking me out. Weird thing happened after i flashed a Kings Rom

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by saeroner, Aug 19, 2011.

1. saeroner

saeroner Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    So I lost my phone a month ago. I got a new one through Asurion (Phone Insurance). A month before--on the old phone using CM7--my brother took a pic of his kid (my nephew) and set it as my wallpaper background. I changed it back that day..... anyways, fast forward a month, I finially got my new phone rooted this past Monday (it had the 2.3 gingerbread updated when i received it) and when I flashed KingsHateSlinger the 1st time it booted up It had that pic of my nephew from my old phone! I never saved or did anything to that picture on the old phone--it's realy strange how this happened on a different phone. I can't figure it out.

Advertisement

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Male
    Highway Construction Inspection
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Are you using launcher pro? If so that launcher can save your homescreen settings etc to the cloud and restore them.
    Not sure if ADW launcher does or not.
    That may be how that got restored. Now you have that great picture of your nephew back! ;)

3. saeroner

saeroner Member
    None

Apr 13, 2011
    It was the wallpaper the 1st time the rom (kings) flashed. It displayed as though it was the default wallpaper--which sucks cause i really like the one on the screen caps and i couldn't find the real default in the wallpaper gallery. It was sense 3.0 without any launcher (awd, go, launcherpro). weird cause it's a completely different phone. This one here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25447627/624-1.jpg

4. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Male
    Google put in a backup system on Gingerbread where it will backup certain settings to their servers. Wallpapers are one of the things it will backup along with certain app settings and system settings. Whenever you get a new phone and use the same email to activate it, they will restore certain things that they have backed up for you. There are ways to turn it off if you don't want it.

Tags: