• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Freaky Pics of Mars: Spiders and odd structures.

What you did there - I see it.

In the right hand is a Tralfalmadorian Hyperluminal Spanner, and he's flashing for the Antares Proboscis Gang.

The insulated watch band drew immediate attention to that because (naturally, a little too naturally!) the arms not being quite parallel in 2D and not co-planar in 3D.

Things like that can unnoticed in any neighborhood.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I saw something on the science channel about how the human brain is programmed to recognize specifically human faces.

As far as these things go, I'm not sold. They didn't really look like anything to me. I'd like to see a close up with the rover before I make a call one way or the other.

I am, however, going to have nightmares about a robotic spider army invading earth from their strategically located base of operations - mars. :rolleyes::D

The "canals" of Mars are the same optical phenomena. Craters that happened to be fairly lined up gave the appearance of straight lines.
The orginal word was canali - which is Italian for channels, not canals.

Also Lowell stopped down his 24" scope so far - he was seeing the blood vessels in his own eye.

Upvote 0
The black specs don't look like spiders to me.. but I too am very curious as to what that is.. it doesn't look like anything natural. The rounded edge on the picture on the right looks to precise to be natural... but someone must know what it really is, otherwise I think this would have gotten more media attention. Similar to the "face" on Mars

175px-Martian_face_viking_cropped.jpg

From 200 miles up those would be some big bones ;)

That image was taken in 1977 I believe (and was only 50 bytes or so in size/quality?), read the book "Faces of Mars" in the early 80's, which used this image and many others trying to say that this face and "the city of pyramids" called Cydonia (I think) was all possibly made by intelligent life. Fast forward to 2006 and look at the same image in better 1 megapixel 3d mapping quality. Doesn't much look like anything but a mound of dirt.

309-230906-3253-6-3d3-Cydonia_H.jpg

Upvote 0
What you did there - I see it.

In the right hand is a Tralfalmadorian Hyperluminal Spanner, and he's flashing for the Antares Proboscis Gang.

The insulated watch band drew immediate attention to that because (naturally, a little too naturally!) the arms not being quite parallel in 2D and not co-planar in 3D.

Things like that can unnoticed in any neighborhood.

I noticed that. Did you happen to notice that the Franni nut has left handed multi-chamber threads and not the standard thread type we know about?

We are decades away form that kind of tech. But you already know that.

Upvote 0
That image was taken in 1977 I believe (and was only 50 bytes or so in size/quality?), read the book "Faces of Mars" in the early 80's, which used this image and many others trying to say that this face and "the city of pyramids" called Cydonia (I think) was all possibly made by intelligent life. Fast forward to 2006 and look at the same image in better 1 megapixel 3d mapping quality. Doesn't much look like anything but a mound of dirt.

I do see a rotisserie chicken on a spit. Did you notice that? It is right next to the foundation under construction for the next Apple store. Walk past the right eye (on the face) and turn east when you pass the nostrils.

Upvote 0
I noticed that. Did you happen to notice that the Franni nut has left handed multi-chamber threads and not the standard thread type we know about?

We are decades away form that kind of tech. But you already know that.

I happen to have a surplus of self-sealing stem bolts if you are interested.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
earlymon... I see that the rock formations are interesting..but they are easily dismissed to be natural formations... random.. but still cool

and i am sure there are a lot of them on earth.. that are cooler but still dismissible.
and maybe some that are not so easily explained.

the marsian structure.. is not so easily explained. why the scientist dont explain them or talk about them.. would/could mean:
1. it is nothing and the experts in this field have already know what it is and have moved on to the "spiders"
2. the experts dont know what it is, but the picture is already leaked out.. so they are ignoring it.. to cause the public to assume that it was not important and move on. (yeah i know.. conspiracy theory gone crazy)

i just find it all very interesting.. and wish to have some better understanding of those structures. Mars in general is interesting.. life outside of earth is interesting. put them together and I want more!

Upvote 0
earlymon... I see that the rock formations are interesting..but they are easily dismissed to be natural formations... random.. but still cool

and i am sure there are a lot of them on earth.. that are cooler but still dismissible.
and maybe some that are not so easily explained.

the marsian structure.. is not so easily explained. why the scientist dont explain them or talk about them.. would/could mean:
1. it is nothing and the experts in this field have already know what it is and have moved on to the "spiders"
2. the experts dont know what it is, but the picture is already leaked out.. so they are ignoring it.. to cause the public to assume that it was not important and move on. (yeah i know.. conspiracy theory gone crazy)

i just find it all very interesting.. and wish to have some better understanding of those structures. Mars in general is interesting.. life outside of earth is interesting. put them together and I want more!

It's the first one.

Everyone in every related field studies every detail of photos like these.

When the experts get stumped they don't cover it up, they go for grant money or a staff position so that they can funded to answer the question.

If no one here has done that as of yet, it's only because the interesting questions could be still be under debate or not noticed yet.

Put another way, maybe the mystery isn't the structures, maybe it's where they're located. Or what they're sitting on or a part of. Or maybe the mystery is the sand around them.

So, when I say, not enough information, I'm not saying that you're wrong to speculate about anything seen on another planet. Because it's too easy to get too complacent with our technology - good grief, it's Mars! No, I'm saying to be open to many speculations when a mystery like that crops up. Because - Mars!

I happen to have a surplus of self-sealing stem bolts if you are interested.

I know a boy named Nog that will take those off your hands right away. :)

Reactions: SamuraiBigEd
Upvote 0
What do the tabloids say it is? They are always right.

Used to keep a copy on my office wall of the National Enquirer front page that revealed that a squadron of B-17 bombers were parked on the dark side of the moon.

They stopped over to refuel on the bombing run against the Martian Arachonobot Nazi Bell Liberation Cadre but were mysteriously never heard from again.

Upvote 0
Used to keep a copy on my office wall of the National Enquirer front page that revealed that a squadron of B-17 bombers were parked on the dark side of the moon.

They stopped over to refuel on the bombing run against the Martian Arachonobot Nazi Bell Liberation Cadre but were mysteriously never heard from again.

Yup. I have one of them on my desk. No, wait, it's a TBM Avenger from Flight 19. Leonard, the ambassador (and my boss) has one of the B-17's in his back yard by the pool.

Bob,
Arachnobot Liaison to the Human Embassy

Upvote 0

Wasn't there also an article about the cows that committed suicide by jumping off the Transamerica tower? That scene always made me chuckle.

Upvote 0
We still have a flat earth society. Another group believes earth is supported by turtles.
They love that and think it's real.

The odd thing about the dark side of the moon is that it is more cratered and less maria.
The thought is the moon intercepted meteors that would have hit earth otherwise.

Oh, yeah - and Pink Floyd.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
We still have a flat earth society. Another group believes earth is supported by turtles.
They love that and think it's real.

The odd thing about the dark side of the moon is that it is more cratered and less maria.
The thought is the moon intercepted meteors that would have hit earth otherwise.

Oh, yeah - and Pink Floyd.

Isn't it elephants standing on a turtle that support the earth?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones