1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Free Apps with ads in them

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by pappabacon, Sep 12, 2011.

1. pappabacon

pappabacon Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Southern California
    As an iPhone transplant I have always wondered why there are such differences between the apps I would get from the iTunes store versus the Android market. A lot of the apps from iTunes are more polished and then there are the ads. I know people are in the app business to make money, but is there a known reason why iTunes apps are available for a price with no ads, when the same app is free for Android with ads. The one that annoys the crap out of me the most is words with friends. The iTunes version was like $2, no ads and works like a charm; the Android version is free, but you have to see an ad after every single turn and will randomly drop games I am playing.

Does anyone know why this is? I would gladly pay for apps that I don't have to have ads in, but most of them aren't available for Android.

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Could be the devs are concentrating on the free ad-supported apps for Android to get them more widely distributed.

Apple's iTunes Store paid apps are available in so many more countries than the Android Market ones. e.g. China(mainland), Saudi Arabia. etc. i.e. the iTunes Store paid apps are available to me whereas the Android Market paid apps are NOT available here.