1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free backup app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rafflan, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rafflan

rafflan Lurker

Hi!

I'm gonna submit my Samsung Galaxy S2 back to the company where i bought it from because it is not possible to call with it (people hear me very bad and it echoes for them). I have NOT rooted my phone. Is there a FREE backup app that I can take backup of all contacts, messages, apps, games, any settings, etc? And then save it on your computer or something, so if I get a new Samsung Galaxy S2, i can have everything back.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Assuming you have Kies working ok, I think that does a backup If I am not mistaken.

3. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

hmm ive heard that kies can be a bit iffy.. when it works, it does a good job, and u get a complete back up, but some times it gives problems.. my antivirus software, Lookout, has a backup service that u could try, its free.. other than that, the only ones that come to mind are root apps

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

There's lookout and also mybackup. Both are free and i use both, i'm not rooted.

5. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Note that Kies will not backup anything on external SD card, so dont rely on the Kies backup to restore anything stored on it.
    You will have to make manual backups of the external SD card via windows explorer for example.

If you are going to send your phone back, remember to take your card out first (if you have one of course)

6. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast

7. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

lookout has a free version and im pretty sure it does backups.. mybackup , im not sure

8. carajp

carajp Member

Some considerable (*sigh*) experience of Kies now tells me it will back up anything you want it to...

...but it will never restore it again. Not to the same phone after a factory reset, not (definitely not - won't even give me the option!) to a different S2.

MyBackup Pro is not free, but it's only a few quid and it's really good. :)

(ps I'd really love to hear from anyone who ever got Kies to restore stuff. Would like to know if it's just me).

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews