1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

free/cheap voice and text and using VOIP

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by shane17, Apr 22, 2012.

1. shane17

shane17 Newbie

Hey Androdians, im just using my new galaxy note and im trying to make the most of it. I have beeb doin lots of research about voip and free calling and texting and iv been hearing good things. So i thought lets get a discussion goin about free or cheap mobile calling and texting within canada and US. Actually I live in Canada and just learnt how to get that free google voice calling and texting membership, its technically only for US ppl but there are ways around that lol. So now i have a US number that i can use for making calls from my computer and thats cool but how about using my samsung note too?! is that possible to use a canadian cell phone for google voice? I have a good home internet connection with WIFI and would like to find a way to make cheap or free calls and text. Im trying the google voice method but i cant even download the app from the marketplace, maybe cuz im registered with canadian cell phone..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

have u tried skype?

3. deltaforce

deltaforce Android Enthusiast

Have you thought of Betamax Services? They offer loads of services so depending on the countries that you call, you should choose one. I don't use their services for SMS so not too sure how it will work out

4. drted

drted Newbie

I use grooveip app...its great and free... all you need is a gmail/voice acct and number and your in business

5. shane17

shane17 Newbie

Thanks for the replies ill be checking out your recommendations. I guess i should clarify what it is im looking for. I want a cell phone numbe to make outgoing and incoming calls through wifi and text messaging. And i dont mind paying if its good. I have heard of one canadian company called voip voip ans they offer a virtual local number for making and reciving calls, from your mobile phone home phone and your PC . So im going to look more into them when i get a chance

6. deltaforce

VoipVoip gives free mobile Voip to the users on their network, same as Viber to Viber to Skype to Skype but otherwise you will pay to call. And if you are willing to pay then you have loads of options. I think even Skype offers local number (not too sure)

7. shane17

shane17 Newbie

Thanks delta force thats aweaome you have heard of them. I thought they were a pretty underground company at first. And they offer cheap calling. Its 1.9 cents s minute for north america and europe and free incoming calls. So im probably goin to try them out soon anndd they are a no contract company. Which really says alot too. .

8. deltaforce

Honestly, IMO none of these VoIP companies are trustworthy. I have used too many to list here and everyone has given me difficulties at a time. Finally, I settled on ActionVoIP from Betamax for my international calling (but I think your requirement is different).

I have not used VoipVoip yet.