1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Free data?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Can you get free data to work on Android?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Android Question

None
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Mega. I don't want to and have the money to constantly pay for a phone data plan, and I've heard you can somehow get free data through VPN. I was hoping someone might be able to conform these rumors and help me access this feature.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Free data? No, the reason to use a VPN is for security or anonymity. Most of the better ones are a pay service so it's definitely not to get free data. Most carriers won't allow contracted smartphones on their networks without a data plan, and pay-as-you-go accounts can get out of hand very quickly. I think your best bet would be to use a prepaid SIM card and let the data run out and only use wifi from that point on. You do realize though that once you no longer have access to mobile data, you can't send or receive MMS messages?

mikedt and electricpete like this.
  3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

If it's a Sprint phone you might be able to activate it on Freedompop, they give you a small amount of data free every month:
    https://www.freedompop.com/

WiFi hotspots are another option, many business have them (these are not mobile data).

mikedt likes this.