• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FREE Droid Battery Doors - From Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they are free. Maybe they know people are having problems with the battery door but....why 3? I could understand 1 but 3? Something seems weird here.

Whomever set up the link from that deals website clearly was using the Verizon website in a way that it was never intended to be used.

I think they are supposed to be free as some sort of promo deal if you sign up for a 2 year contract. But that deals site noticed that the Verizon website devs made a mistake and left the link open by accident and so they passed it around.

It certainly isn't 'kosher'

Still, I'd be pretty surprised if Verizon cancelled the orders or demanded the doors back. So get 'em while their hot.... I guess :rolleyes:

Personally I'm pretty happy with my one door though :)

Upvote 0
couldn't resist!!! i read an article a few minutes ago:

Verizon Wireless offering DROID replacement battery covers for free:

and i was curious.. so went to the website, put in my order, within seconds (and no billing info) im getting free battery doors? wth? i dont even have my droid yet (its coming!), this will work out nice if my door doesn't properly attach i guess... then i come here and notice this thread and im amazed that people are going for 3 w/ overnight shipping free. something is not right ;p

Upvote 0
Whomever set up the link from that deals website clearly was using the Verizon website in a way that it was never intended to be used.

i dont think it was the link from the deals website as there are reports floating around (see my post above) about this.. i didn't even come to this thread till after i ordered mine.

wait a sec.. just thought of something.. maybe this is verizon's new marketing scheme to get people to purchase droids? by getting them to first get not one, but THREE free battery doors, then who can resist not going to their local verizon store tomarrow and buying a droid? i mean, they have 3 doors now. great idea verizon!!

Upvote 0

I think they are supposed to be free as some sort of promo deal if you sign up for a 2 year contract. But that deals site noticed that the Verizon website devs made a mistake and left the link open by accident and so they passed it around.

It certainly isn't 'kosher'

I don't think so. I was a tad concerned that the link provided might have some sort of redirect and that it was a phishing scheme. Instead of using the link, I typed in VZW's url, clicked a few things (couldn't find the batter cover at first), then went through with the process.

Now if you are saying it should be hidden unless a promo was applied, you may be correct. I can confirm that when my friend ordered his over the phone (he lost his during a night of debauchery New Years Eve), Verizon told him it would be free as well. At first they told him $4.99, so it's not just set up as free on their website, it's also set for free on their internal systems...

Upvote 0
I noticed the link had 'slickdeals' in the address, so I was suspicious too. I went through my normal Verizon account, searched for 'droid battery cover' and sure enough, free with free fex ex shipping. Ordered 3 so I can have a spare and a couple to customize. Got my confirmation email that verified still all free. Thanks!! +1

Upvote 0
Haha, they finally caught on to they're mistake. Or they really ran out of stock, must have been thousands of orders for that to happen though. And it's to bad people here who don't even have DROID's are scamming these just to ebay them, they go for 4.99 new with free overnight shipping so good luck making more then 2 bucks a piece on ebay after fees from them and paypal plus shipping.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones