1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Free email list service?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by whiskeyguy, May 6, 2013.

1. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    So this might be a little archaic, but what I'm looking for is a free email list service. I want one that doesn't require members to create an account (like collaboration services require), and in which sign up is easy (either entering their email address on a site or emailing the list with a certain word in the subject). Then I want any of the members to be able to email the "master" email address, and have that forwarded to all the email addresses on the list.

There will only be a couple dozen members, and it's just to inform everyone across multiple devices on a meeting time.

The reason I don't want to use basic forwarding in gmail or whatever is because I'd have to manually enter every email address, and I'd rather have a more automated system.

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    Hmmm... I'm not really well versed on various email providers, but these are the three I know of..

> gmail
    > yahoo
    > outlook

But I don't those meet your requirements. Good luck.
    :(

3. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User
    None

Jul 30, 2012
    Male
    Full time student, Part time McDonalds crew
    Chicago IL
    For free email services, you really get what you get. If you need something very specific, you may want to look for a paid Email service. But from experiences, I really like Outlook and Gmail. If you use a lot of Google services, then Gmail is best, but I believe in looks, outlook is the prettiest. lol

4. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 1, 2010
    Yeah I thought it was a long shot... I just wanted something a little more specific to my needs but it's absolutely not worth paying for.

5. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion counts.
    VIP Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Formerly Linux sysadmin/programmer
    $HOME/LosAngeles
    My friend Google just told me about free mailing list services. :D

Worst case scenario, you could just provide a list of e-mail addresses to all the members, and when they want to send something to the list they just use their e-mail client's method of sending the message to all members of a particular group. Not pretty, not sophisticated, but it would work.