1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free Evernote alternative with offline storage?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by itm, Apr 3, 2011.

1. itm

itm Member

I'm looking for a cloud-based Notes app (like Evernote), but which has an offline mode which doesn't require a monthly subscription. Can anyone recommend something?

Advertisement

2. ral

ral Android Expert

What do you mean by offline mode. I use Catch. It stores your notes/data in the SD card. It is up to you if you want to sync to the Cloud (70MB a month is free).

It stores media on the SDCard, but for the life of me, I do not know where. You can export your notes to the SD card as a text document.

3. cluelezz

cluelezz Newbie

I use Springpad.

4. itm

itm Member

I mean the ability to create and edit notes even when you're not connected to the internet - i.e. it stores a local copy of the notes, and syncs them with the cloud the next time you connect to the net.

Thanks for the recommendations.

5. pose

pose Newbie

Are there any current programs with offline access? AFAICT Springpad has discontinued some of the mobile apps, and require web access.

6. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

I use Microsoft OneNote. Does what you ask - allows me to take notes without a connection then syncs up when connected. And you can specify that it'll sync 'wifi only', though it could have better sync control in the settings.

Just to add though that a) I have Microsoft Office on my PC which includes OneNote - not sure which versions of office do include it and b) I've had a Hotmail email address for many years so I already had the online capability.

The mobile app actually comes from Microsoft as well.

Edited to add: the title asks for 'free' and it is, sorta .... :) I already had the Office on my PC for other reasons so the OneNote app for the phone and online storage cost me/you nowt.

Dave

7. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I'm pretty confident my Springpad app is working nice and has offline access.

8. harrykg

harrykg Lurker

try note everything...works for me..

9. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I use "Colornote" for all my note taking. You can use it offline and you can have it sync to their cloud. Notes can be saved/backed up to SD card.