• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Evernote alternative with offline storage?

I mean the ability to create and edit notes even when you're not connected to the internet - i.e. it stores a local copy of the notes, and syncs them with the cloud the next time you connect to the net.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I use Microsoft OneNote. Does what you ask - allows me to take notes without a connection then syncs up when connected. And you can specify that it'll sync 'wifi only', though it could have better sync control in the settings.

Just to add though that a) I have Microsoft Office on my PC which includes OneNote - not sure which versions of office do include it and b) I've had a Hotmail email address for many years so I already had the online capability.

The mobile app actually comes from Microsoft as well.

Edited to add: the title asks for 'free' and it is, sorta .... :) I already had the Office on my PC for other reasons so the OneNote app for the phone and online storage cost me/you nowt.

Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones