• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Free full body Stealth Guard protector (shipping around $3)

Come on, did you really think I wanted you to use your $500 X to test. Nope but you did get a little upset there and you do care what people do with their phones because you have over 1000 post and thanked almost 70 times. I should have put a smiley or LOL so you knew I was joking. :D

Back to topic, my Stealth Guard protector looks real good almost perfect on my screen. Most of the flaws are gone and no bubbles or glue are present. Still a couple of small spots of water but most of it is gone and in a couple of days they will vanish. Looks and feels like its not even there.

Well worth the $3 and when I get bored with my case then I might put the rest of it on and see how it fits.

I figured you were joking but I didn't see a smiley so it's on you ;)
Wow a 1000 post! Damn I'm a big mouth.

I've taken mine off as it seemed a little sticky in certain non air conditioned places but it was looking good after two days.

I love running my finger over the naked glass it's sooo smooth. Man that almost doesn't sound right:eek:

Oh and FYI I did run some stuff over the one I was returning and it was fine. I didn't use a razor knife though.

Upvote 0
Yea the only problem is that it is a little tacky and I mean very little when running your fingers across it but not a big deal for me. Thats the only way I know its there doesn't restrict visibility at all.

For a screen proctector A-, for a full body shield maybe a C but I haven't use the rest of it yet. Overall im keeping mine.

To be fair the naked screen can get sticky in the right conditions also. When I go outside and its hot its very hard to use swype if I have any moisture at all on my hands. So I don't really blame it on the quality of this skin.

I like your rating it did look very clear after two days.
I just considered it a $3.00 test/experiment nothing to get all upset about..

Upvote 0
Received my random envelope in the mail this afternoon (I forgot it was coming, and almost threw it away because it was so suspicious). Have to say I'm not entirely surprised by its contents. However, is it just me, or is it difficult as hell to actually see the lines and edges of the actual protector?

They really are shooting themselves in the foot with not providing at least a simple print-out of instructions. Thankfully, I'm already covered with a case and my Zagg, but I figured for a few bucks I had to try it.

Upvote 0
Sent them email yesterday that I wasn't happy with a product and provided order#. Today, without any question asked, got PayPal credited back for a full amount. Still waiting for them to send me RMA or something like that so I can put it back into envelope and send it back. I don't think they even care if I send back...

Upvote 0
Funny. No one has mentioned the small fact that although the site claims these were free, except for shipping, it came in a regular old letter size envelope that cost the guy 44 cents to send. Where do you suppose the other $2.41 went? I'll tell you where. In his pocket while he was laughing on his way to the bank with our money!!!!!

Reactions: theineffablebob
Upvote 0
Sent them email yesterday that I wasn't happy with a product and provided order#. Today, without any question asked, got PayPal credited back for a full amount. Still waiting for them to send me RMA or something like that so I can put it back into envelope and send it back. I don't think they even care if I send back...

Funny. No one has mentioned the small fact that although the site claims these were free, except for shipping, it came in a regular old letter size envelope that cost the guy 44 cents to send. Where do you suppose the other $2.41 went? I'll tell you where. In his pocket while he was laughing on his way to the bank with our money!!!!!

Yeah mahers...I'm thinking a whole bunch of us will be doing exactly as twister6 did.

Mine's now been on for about 18 hours and I'm really unimpressed so far. Best description I have think of...Its like I have thick pieces of Saran Wrap on my phone. It's sticky, all finger printed up, and the edges are picking up every bit of lint they come in contact with and the lint does not come off. You can feel the edges of the guards, and they just feel weird...almost sharp.

Like I said above, I'll give it a couple of days...but so far it looks like this Stealth Guard will be coming back off my phone.

Upvote 0

Oh wow a postage charge that is more than the real postage. Man that's never happened before.:rolleyes: Hell I ordered something from Amazon paid 4.00 for shipping and it came 13cent postage due it had postage stamp for 67 cents and I owed more. WTF?!

Beside how do you know they didn't pay someone to fill those orders? That's why they call it shipping and handling. :cool:

Upvote 0
Oh wow a postage charge that is more than the real postage. Man that's never happened before.:rolleyes: Hell I ordered something from Amazon paid 4.00 for shipping and it came 13cent postage due it had postage stamp for 67 cents and I owed more. WTF?!

Beside how do you know they didn't pay someone to fill those orders? That's why they call it shipping and handling. :cool:

+1^

Hey everyone its $3! If you put it on your phone and it protected it for 10 minutes then you got your money worth. Check your pockets, sofa, car seats, and I bet you gonna find more money than you thought you had. More than $3 I bet. ;)

BTW... Still got it on my phone as a screen protector and its crystal clear no scuffs at all. Going on 5 days. :D

Upvote 0
Considering you can get screen/body protection film packs off eBay for under $3 shipped (I got 3 high quality screen protectors shipped for that much), this is all just a marketing hype to make you believe you are getting something for free and just paying for shipping. I'm sure the cost of this material gotta be under $1. If you guys happy with a product, it’s great. If you are not, let the company know about it and demand the refund. They are making money off these sales, nobody giving you anything for free. The shipping cost them 44 cents, material is $1, and the rest is a profit going into their pocket. By charging $3 for shipping they can write off the profit, the same as all these vendors selling products on eBay for 1 cent with $5 shipping so they don't have to pay sales fee. Anyway, maybe I'm a penny pincher but I hate when companies think we consumers are stupid. If you happy with a product - more power to you. If not, let the company know about it and don't discard this as "no big deal, I only paid for shipping" because its not, you did pay them for the product and they made money off you... OK, now I'm done with my rant :D

Upvote 0
i think this protector is fine for the back and top but awful for screen. and that video gave me more confidence on going naked ( i really dont need any screen protectors or protectors at that rate since i have the amzer case anywho. It protects the screen on flat drops since it has a little rap around the phone lip too. oh well only 3$ anyways.

Upvote 0
Considering you can get screen/body protection film packs off eBay for under $3 shipped (I got 3 high quality screen protectors shipped for that much), this is all just a marketing hype to make you believe you are getting something for free and just paying for shipping. I'm sure the cost of this material gotta be under $1. If you guys happy with a product, it

Upvote 0
Here are 3 screen protectors I got, actually for $3.27:
3 Clear Screen Protector Guard Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 330452195390 end time Sep-14-10 10:03:03 PDT)

I didn't randomly select these, it was posted with high recommendation from someone in this forum. The screen protector is fantastic, perfectly cut, crystal clear with no "coloring", and very smooth when applied. I notice it also cuts some glare. Just peel and put it on the screen. My 2yr old and 5yr old play with my DX, and I just wipe it off afterward without any problem. So here you go :D Between my Luxmo argyle clear case and this protector, I'm covered, although I am still looking for a leather case to clip it to the belt but can't find any that will fit DX in Luxmo case.

Upvote 0
Here are 3 screen protectors I got, actually for $3.27:
3 Clear Screen Protector Guard Motorola Droid X MB810 - eBay (item 330452195390 end time Sep-14-10 10:03:03 PDT)

I didn't randomly select these, it was posted with high recommendation from someone in this forum. The screen protector is fantastic, perfectly cut, crystal clear with no "coloring", and very smooth when applied. I notice it also cuts some glare. Just peel and put it on the screen. My 2yr old and 5yr old play with my DX, and I just wipe it off afterward without any problem. So here you go :D Between my Luxmo argyle clear case and this protector, I'm covered, although I am still looking for a leather case to clip it to the belt but can't find any that will fit DX in Luxmo case.

Are those the hard plastic type that VZW sells?

Upvote 0
You mean the case? No, those are soft plastic but not like the cheap jelly case stuff that sticks to the pockets of your pants. It creates very nice bumper cushion around the phone and gives you a little more confidence if you drop it :) Plus these are very easy to take off and put back on. Look at the thread for "best Droid x cases" were these were discussed. If you don't mind waiting for, you can if get one shipped from HK for $2.79 which is the same material and quality as sold locally on eBay for $8. The only downside because of additional bulk you will find a very hard time find a carrying case for it in case if you want to clip it to the belt…

Upvote 0
Well, it's been on for darn near 2 weeks and as soon as my case gets here, it's coming off.
Every piece of the film is peeling up around the edges and packed with dust/lint.
The only one that is still attached around the edges is the screen protector and I may leave it on until I get a better one...

Oh well, 3 bucks lost.
In my opinion, don't waste your money if you are stumbling across this thread and haven't ordered.

Upvote 0
Sorry to those of you who ordered and hate it. I only posted it cause I thought $3 was a steal and not too much for throwing away if it turned out to be crap. Glad to see that some people are liking it at least.

thank you for a great find...

i dont expect much, but if it prevents one scratch or ding then it is worth way more then the three bucks i spent...

keep on searching and posting thse finds...

Upvote 0
Well, it's been on for darn near 2 weeks and as soon as my case gets here, it's coming off.
Every piece of the film is peeling up around the edges and packed with dust/lint.
The only one that is still attached around the edges is the screen protector and I may leave it on until I get a better one...

Oh well, 3 bucks lost.
In my opinion, don't waste your money if you are stumbling across this thread and haven't ordered.

To be fair all full skins can peel if you are not very careful during install. I personally put them on and then put a case on for a couple of days to make sure all the edges get stuck down real good.

Once they come up and get dirty its over no matter what skin you have. .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones