• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Free full body Stealth Guard protector (shipping around $3)

To be fair all full skins can peel if you are not very careful during install. I personally put them on and then put a case on for a couple of days to make sure all the edges get stuck down real good.

Once they come up and get dirty its over no matter what skin you have. .

Yeah, I thought I was pretty careful putting the skin on, no case to put on but I did let the phone sit for 12 hours before touching it with the skins on...it just didn't last, after a few days they were peeling.

Like I said, Oh well, 3 bucks lost...I just wish they'd give it back to help pay for a 1/3 of a pack of smokes, but I asked and they won't so the works is off my phone and going into the trash since I can't exactly light up the skin..although it may be safer than the cigs.:eek:

Oh, and I own page 4 :D

Upvote 0
It might just be $3 from one person but think how many people actually ordered this. And then think how much it actually costs for them to ship these out.

Your point? They are a business after all and most are in it to make money. (yes it's true!) I don't know how many were ordered but I'm sure not everyone hates the product. The saying you can't please everyone was coined for a reason;)

Upvote 0
Some will say its only $3, others will say you get what you pay for.

I say: STAY AWAY FROM THIS. I got after 25 days. And it sucks! Its a big plastic peice, that haas cut lines on it. But you'll still have to cut it out yourself, incidentally it will stick, but with bubbles and Bad looking screen.

I know its only $3. Add another $7 to it and get something good. OR you'll regret!

Upvote 0
Some will say its only $3, others will say you get what you pay for.

I say: STAY AWAY FROM THIS. I got after 25 days. And it sucks! Its a big plastic peice, that haas cut lines on it. But you'll still have to cut it out yourself, incidentally it will stick, but with bubbles and Bad looking screen.

I know its only $3. Add another $7 to it and get something good. OR you'll regret!

What would you recommend then?

Upvote 0
was gonna use it for screen protector and camera lens protector...ended up jus using it for camera lens protector (which was cut too big so i had to trim it up). i tried the front pieces and they were big also...ended up throwing that away. i like my ebay one from hong kong way better (way more scratch resistant).

OK if you didn't use it and threw it away how do you know your Hong Kong Screen protector "is way more scratch resistant"? You don't by chance sell Hong Kong screen protectors on eBay do you? ;)

Upvote 0
Yeah, I thought I was pretty careful putting the skin on, no case to put on but I did let the phone sit for 12 hours before touching it with the skins on...it just didn't last, after a few days they were peeling.

Like I said, Oh well, 3 bucks lost...I just wish they'd give it back to help pay for a 1/3 of a pack of smokes, but I asked and they won't so the works is off my phone and going into the trash since I can't exactly light up the skin..although it may be safer than the cigs.:eek:

Oh, and I own page 4 :D

I had a BestSkin on the back of my Dx and even though it started out good (due to my super duper case method. I've started pulling off pieces that are starting to come up. I'd be real interested in hearing if anybody has ever had a full body skin that stuck to all those little curved pieces.

Upvote 0
What would you recommend then?

I'm looking at the Ultra Clear from Steinhal. Do a search. It's about $13, but If you love your phone, and want to enjoy every second of it, and everytime you Look at it, you'll wana spend extra couple of dollars.

This is not a debate. If you're spending too much time on the internet and trying to save $3-$5, then you need to get a job... Just get a good one. I hear Invisible Sheild is good too. Both some with lifetime warranty - even if you install it wrong.

Upvote 0
I had a BestSkin on the back of my Dx and even though it started out good (due to my super duper case method. I've started pulling off pieces that are starting to come up. I'd be real interested in hearing if anybody has ever had a full body skin that stuck to all those little curved pieces.

I have the bestskins ever on my DX for a couple weeks now, I had one on my storm for years. the only piece coming off my DX is the front, bottom one, cause it peeled in my pocket and got lint on it. The top curved piece will peel next I think. Maybe I should have gone with inviable shield, they have a lifetime warranty right? Bestskins is good stuff though IMO. The screen protectors on my storm reduced glare and never really started to peel or get scratched. I still replaced them with fresh ones every year though.

The week I removed the protector from my storm the screen was covered is scratches. I weas amazing how easy it was to scratch my phone! Other than some areas that were not protected my the skin, the phone looked brand new prior to removing the skins.

Upvote 0
Well I got 3 of these, one for my DX one for my BB curve and another for the wife's Dinc. After reading all of the negative comments I figured I would put it on my BB curve first just to see the results. I actually applied it using the solution and squeegee I had left over from a ghost armor kit that I used on my Omnia 2 when I had that. I am very pleased with the out come so far. I was acutally so impressed from the results on my BB curve that I applied it to my DX a couple of days ago. I have no bubbles, no visible adhesive underneath. It acutally looks better than the zagg or ghost armor i have used in the past. This is the smoothest and nicest looking skin I have put on a screen in a long time. Installation was less tedious than others as well. I guess the outcome might have to do with what I used to apply it. But so far, I can say that there is nothing negative about this. Maybe in a couple of weeks it might start peeling up, but so far so good. All of the complaints I have read, I have not experienced at all. I've had it on my BB curve for 5 days so far and it looks just as good as day one when I installed it.

Upvote 0
Well I got 3 of these, one for my DX one for my BB curve and another for the wife's Dinc. After reading all of the negative comments I figured I would put it on my BB curve first just to see the results. I actually applied it using the solution and squeegee I had left over from a ghost armor kit that I used on my Omnia 2 when I had that. I am very pleased with the out come so far. I was acutally so impressed from the results on my BB curve that I applied it to my DX a couple of days ago. I have no bubbles, no visible adhesive underneath. It acutally looks better than the zagg or ghost armor i have used in the past. This is the smoothest and nicest looking skin I have put on a screen in a long time. Installation was less tedious than others as well. I guess the outcome might have to do with what I used to apply it. But so far, I can say that there is nothing negative about this. Maybe in a couple of weeks it might start peeling up, but so far so good. All of the complaints I have read, I have not experienced at all. I've had it on my BB curve for 5 days so far and it looks just as good as day one when I installed it.
I feel pretty much the same thing. I bought a Zagg full body shield and I hated the rubber feeling of the screen protector, with the Steahguard the touch is pretty smooth...

For the install, they should provide more instruction, but I just used plain water and It came out perfect, way better that my Zagg did.

I ordered 3mores for the rest of the life of my Xperia x10 :p

Overall I would give it a 4.5/5,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones