1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[FREE GAME] Huck's River Run

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by afonseca, Aug 16, 2012.

1. afonseca

afonseca Newbie

Hi everyone, we've just launched Huck's River Run on the Google Play store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adventureworks.huck

It was originally a game we put together at a game jam in a weekend. It started out based on Frogger but we kept working on it and polishing it because it turned out our twist on it was pretty fun (has pirates and space ships in it!).

In that spirit of fun we decided to give away the game for free, no in app purchase, no ads. Just a free game for you to enjoy and share.

So instead of $, if you like it please give us a good rating/review to help us spread the word.

Note: The game uses GREE (the new name for OpenFeint) for leaderboards and achievements so you may see some non-standard looking permissions it requires. We're not using any of them ourselves but that's what was needed to use GREE so please don't be put off by that.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

What's up with the permissions?

3. afonseca

afonseca Newbie

It's using GREE (that's the new name of OpenFeint) for leaderboards and achievements and that's what permissions it said it needed. We're not using any of them ourselves, so good question, wish it didn't need all of those.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I was going to congratulate you on the free game idea, but they scared me away when I saw them. Thanks for clarifying. You may want to throw something about that in the OP and your Play description.

afonseca likes this.
  5. afonseca

afonseca Newbie

Thanks for the suggestion, just updated the description with a note about it.

6. dsnettleton

dsnettleton Lurker

Cheap's good; free's better. Really, it's a slick game and I like the bizarre only-in-video-games atmosphere. Thanks for this!

afonseca likes this.
  7. afonseca

afonseca Newbie

Glad you liked it! Thanks for trying it.