1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Free Gear VR shipping time?

Discussion in 'Samsung Gear VR' started by Rds86, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Rds86

Rds86 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Anyone else get a free gear vr after buying a new phone. Had my submission approved and it's been sitting on preparing for shipment for over a week, anyone have any experience with how long it takes to actually get this thing?

Advertisement

2. arcadefreaque

arcadefreaque Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Bought mine on Wednesday evening, filled out forms Friday morning and submitted info/pic of receipt, was in preparing for shipment by Monday, received on Friday (1 week turnaround).

3. Rds86

Rds86 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Did they ever update your status and give tracking info or did it just come?

4. arcadefreaque

arcadefreaque Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    No they didn't. Actually today it STILL says "Submission Approved. Preparing for Shipment." on the Samsung status site.

5. arcadefreaque

arcadefreaque Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    If you get impatient, there are people selling lightly used ones for as little as $20 on ebay. I bought a 2nd for my wife's Note 4 on Friday for $25 shipped (didn't come with the straps or box though). Already had it in my hands this morning (following monday) I still gotta get the xacto knife out and mod it to fit the note 4.

6. Rds86

Rds86 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    I don't mind waiting just just think it's odd to tell people 6-8 weeks when they are in Stock everywhere then update to preparing for shipment, when I called samsung this morning they told me the same 6-8 weeks crappie, I guess I'll just expect it to show up one day, I'll have to check my ups and FedEx accounts to see if they have anything scheduled to be delivered

7. arcadefreaque

arcadefreaque Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Mine came via regular ol USPS. No packing slip or any info at all. Just the consumer box inside a brown shipping box.

8. RicKaysen

RicKaysen Member
    None

Feb 10, 2012
    When the salesdude told me eight to ten weeks, I rolled my eyes and forgot about it remembering the hoops LG made me jump through for a free SD card with my G4. I just automatically assumed I'd probably never see my Gear VR. Surprised I was to receive it in less than two weeks.

9. Rds86

Rds86 Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2016
    Male
    Funny, I just checked this morning and they gave me a FedEx tracking number, it says estimated delivery date is today but there has been no movement on it since Monday when it says shipping label created, no way it gets to me today, again it's a free gift so whatever it just shocks me how inept a big company can be when it comes to boxing and shipping an in stock item