1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Free GPS? Is there one that does not depend on reception???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Donamilo, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Donamilo

Donamilo Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Seriously....

Google maps is ok.......when i get a signal...

Is there one available that is free that is pretty decent as a standalone GPS??

I'll even pay for it if its reasonable i suppose.....

Thanks

Advertisement

2. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Scotland
    There's none I'm afraid. Rumor has it that it will be included in the 3.0 version but who knows. So far I've been using the HTC Premium thing and it works brilliant BUT it rarely ever find the exact postcode you want. Some say that the CoPilot 8 is very good in terms of search and routing and it's

3. drhunter

drhunter Active Member

Nov 18, 2010
    HTC Locations app has freely available maps, which can be downloaded through the app settings.
    It includes free turn-by-turn "premium" for 30-days, after which you can either buy a monthly, yearly or lifetime licence.
    If you don't want to pay, you can still use it for route planning but without the turn-by-turn option!

4. ghed

ghed Active Member

May 30, 2010
    MapDroyd has offline map, but no turn by turn.

5. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2010
    London
    i have been using sygic on my N900 and have been quite happy with it, so just installed it on the DHD too. i was impressed by the N900's gps which used to get a lock in around 30 secs without agps but DHD was even better with a lock in less than 20 secs on a couple of occasions when i tested it. i was trying to uninstall locations but havent found a way to do so, anyone has any ideas?