• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free GPS? Is there one that does not depend on reception???

HTC Locations app has freely available maps, which can be downloaded through the app settings.
It includes free turn-by-turn "premium" for 30-days, after which you can either buy a monthly, yearly or lifetime licence.
If you don't want to pay, you can still use it for route planning but without the turn-by-turn option!

Upvote 0
i have been using sygic on my N900 and have been quite happy with it, so just installed it on the DHD too. i was impressed by the N900's gps which used to get a lock in around 30 secs without agps but DHD was even better with a lock in less than 20 secs on a couple of occasions when i tested it. i was trying to uninstall locations but havent found a way to do so, anyone has any ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones