• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

free health care

The only people posting here that Obamacare is good are the ones that don't live here. Obamacare is the worst thing that has happened to the US economy since the housing collapse (which Obama played a HUGE role in while he actually had a license to practice law before he lost it and he was a lawyer). Obamacare has already had a huge negative effect on healthcare since people that already have healthcare will lose it, but it is also causing higher unemployment. Employers are cutting hours or just not hiring new employees because of the negative effects of Obamacare. It is going to get much, much worse which is why Obama illegally delayed the employer mandate. He knows that if it were to go into effect on Jan 1st as required by law that not a single democrat would get re-elected in the 2014 elections. America is already struggling enough, and Obamacare is a huge piece of Obama's plan to continue the destruction of America.

Upvote 0
Obamacare has already had a huge negative effect on healthcare since people that already have healthcare will lose it, but it is also causing higher unemployment. Employers are cutting hours or just not hiring new employees because of the negative effects of Obamacare.

I assume you have some numbers to back that up. How many people have been fired because their employer didn't want to provide healthcare and would now be required to do so?

How many employers have cancelled their healthcare plans because of Obamacare?

What percentage of people currently employed have had their hours reduced so as to avoid going over 30/week?

Is your evidence consistent and repeatable, or is it anecdotal or supposition?

We can start with the most publicly-offered example of Papa Johns, if you'd like. How many people have they laid off due to increased healthcare requirements?

Data, data, data. There have already been posts in this thread showing significant reduction in costs for states in which exchange plans have been submitted. Do you have data that refutes these? Do you have data that supports your claims?

Or, what might be more useful to those of us who support the bill, is to really understand how it will affect your family. I would love to understand that. I understand you have a child with a long-term illness; can you tell me a little about how your coverage will be changing? What provisions in the bill affect you directly? I understand from a previous post that you expect your specialty medication to no longer be covered - why is that? I see you live in Washington, so I will look in to that state's medication coverage plans. After all, the states are allowed to decide the balance between low premiums and drug costs; it's not decided or mandated at the federal level. I genuinely want to understand.

Upvote 0
Except currently the medication my daughter takes is covered by insurance and we pay $20 a month. Under Obamacare insurance can not cover it anymore which means it will be well over $3000 a month once it goes into effect.

Just putting some pieces together here. You will be happy to know that the state of Washington has capped a family's total out-of-pocket health expenses at $12,700. This may still be more than you are currently spending, but at least it won't be $3,000x12....

Of course, there's nothing that says you HAVE To buy a QHP on the exchange. You are more than free to keep your current insurance, if your provider continues to offer it. But anything that changes about insurance plans outside of the exchange (no lifetime caps, no cancelling for pre-existing conditions, etc) has already gone in to effect. So if your plan exists today, there's no (legally perscribed) reason why it won't still be available to you in October. It just might not be sold on your Washington state exchange.

So what else am I missing?

Upvote 0
I assume you have some numbers to back that up. How many people have been fired because their employer didn't want to provide healthcare and would now be required to do so?

How many employers have cancelled their healthcare plans because of Obamacare?

What percentage of people currently employed have had their hours reduced so as to avoid going over 30/week?

Is your evidence consistent and repeatable, or is it anecdotal or supposition?

We can start with the most publicly-offered example of Papa Johns, if you'd like. How many people have they laid off due to increased healthcare requirements?

Data, data, data. There have already been posts in this thread showing significant reduction in costs for states in which exchange plans have been submitted. Do you have data that refutes these? Do you have data that supports your claims?

Or, what might be more useful to those of us who support the bill, is to really understand how it will affect your family. I would love to understand that. I understand you have a child with a long-term illness; can you tell me a little about how your coverage will be changing? What provisions in the bill affect you directly? I understand from a previous post that you expect your specialty medication to no longer be covered - why is that? I see you live in Washington, so I will look in to that state's medication coverage plans. After all, the states are allowed to decide the balance between low premiums and drug costs; it's not decided or mandated at the federal level. I genuinely want to understand.

My grandmother is the CSM (customer service manager) of one of the walmarts. Currently they are hiring as many temps as they can to not have to participate in ObamaCare. They may not be firing people but there are ways to keep from using it. So yeah they might as well be firing people.

Upvote 0
My grandmother is the CSM (customer service manager) of one of the walmarts. Currently they are hiring as many temps as they can to not have to participate in ObamaCare. They may not be firing people but there are ways to keep from using it. So yeah they might as well be firing people.

How does hiring temps avoids participation in the Affordable Care Act ?

Upvote 0
Just putting some pieces together here. You will be happy to know that the state of Washington has capped a family's total out-of-pocket health expenses at $12,700. This may still be more than you are currently spending, but at least it won't be $3,000x12....

Of course, there's nothing that says you HAVE To buy a QHP on the exchange. You are more than free to keep your current insurance, if your provider continues to offer it. But anything that changes about insurance plans outside of the exchange (no lifetime caps, no cancelling for pre-existing conditions, etc) has already gone in to effect. So if your plan exists today, there's no (legally perscribed) reason why it won't still be available to you in October. It just might not be sold on your Washington state exchange.

So what else am I missing?

After everything that has been reported everywhere you are still naive enough to think you can keep your current insurance (unless you work for a special employer that has been granted a special exemption)? :stupido2:

I haven't heard anything about a special plan that has a cap, but even at that cap that is over $1000 more a month to pay that we aren't paying now. Think that much money is just going to show up in the back because of this disgusting law???

Employees that work <30hrs a week are not required to have insurance by their employers. That way they can work a few part times jobs and either buy private insurance or pay their illegal fine to the federal government. That is the reason about 90% of all "new jobs created" in the last year have been part time jobs.

Upvote 0

temps do not work for the company where the work is performed........ they work for a temp agency

so in this case WalMart would just be 'renting' workers from a company such as Manpower or Kelly .... who in turn rotates workers shifts such that they are considered seasonal and never qualify for benefits

Upvote 0
According to Walmart (at least based on what she said) Walmart does not have to give Temps any form of health or any type of insurance nor will they ever. I'm not really into law just relaying what I've been told.

I was responsible for training temps. Most were useless; they could not be taught. Simple things like soldering fine pitch components was not easy, no matter how much training.

Some could not read english or knew what a schematic was. We hired quite a few "useless" workers.

We hired temps when we needed them and perminently hired those we thought would work out.

Industry needs temps and if you are a temp, you take the job likely knowing that you do not have the same benefits a perminent worker has. Like stock options, HC and other things.

If temps were paid the same or had the same benefits a FT employee has, it would be very costly.

Upvote 0
temps do not work for the company where the work is performed........ they work for a temp agency

so in this case WalMart would just be 'renting' workers from a company such as Manpower or Kelly .... who in turn rotates workers shifts such that they are considered seasonal and never qualify for benefits

The secret is to work hard, give the company your best and be willing to learn. Do not be late and do not violate the procedures. Companies look for good workers and if you make yourself standout, you might be hired FT.

Upvote 0
The secret is to work hard, give the company your best and be willing to learn. Do not be late and do not violate the procedures. Companies look for good workers and if you make yourself standout, you might be hired FT.

At the particular Walmart my grandma works at they fired almost all their cashiers for temps. Obama isn't fixing anything at all. In all honesty he's just going to wind up making businesses just want to leave. You'd think he would actually pretend he cares about America. Bush, Reagan, Clinton, most of all recent presidents probably didn't care about the people just their pockets and wallets. But at least they cared to put on a show.

Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood is the perfect way to show allegience to America to him it seems.

Upvote 0
At the particular Walmart my grandma works at they fired almost all their cashiers for temps. Obama isn't fixing anything at all. In all honesty he's just going to wind up making businesses just want to leave. You'd think he would actually pretend he cares about America. Bush, Reagan, Clinton, most of all recent presidents probably didn't care about the people just their pockets and wallets. But at least they cared to put on a show.

Part time work is a big feature of the recovery in much of the West. Unfortunate.

Supporting the Muslim Brotherhood is the perfect way to show allegience to America to him it seems.

Sorry, but how on Earth does supporting a democratic government offend you? The US can hardly preach about how bad being ruled by religious parties are. Obama is probably too religious for Turkey or Poland.

Anyway, Morsi has been deposed in a coup. Happy now? The US seemed to sit on the fence for a month, as did Europe.

Upvote 0
Part time work is a big feature of the recovery in much of the West. Unfortunate.

Sorry, but how on Earth does supporting a democratic government offend you? The US can hardly preach about how bad being ruled by religious parties are. Obama is probably too religious for Turkey or Poland.

Anyway, Morsi has been deposed in a coup. Happy now? The US seemed to sit on the fence for a month, as did Europe.

None of what the United States government concerns me anymore since I will be renouncing my citizenship a few years after college.

Upvote 0
So now both my family doctors have stopped accepting insurance. Cash only.

They claimed it was over ObamaCare. Apparently this isn't a rare occurrence, I'm starting to see this trend popping up everywhere on the Internet now.

And this is why I've been touting the suggestion of a proper national health care system such as many countries including the UK have.

I couldn't imagine having to bring anything but myself/requested samples to the doctor....I admit it's not perfect but if you become I'll, you phone at 8am for an appointment that morning....otherwise we have doctors on call with a national number etc only cost is the phone call, which local doctors is often a landline covered by mobile plans etc anyway!

Upvote 0
So now both my family doctors have stopped accepting insurance. Cash only.

They claimed it was over ObamaCare. Apparently this isn't a rare occurrence, I'm starting to see this trend popping up everywhere on the Internet now.

Quite a few doctors around the country have done this. By not using insurance many of these doctors have been able to cut their cost by over 50%. Just shows you how bad health insurance currently is in this country, and Obamacare takes a problem and instead of fixing it, it will be 10x worse!

Upvote 0
None of what the United States government concerns me anymore since I will be renouncing my citizenship a few years after college.

Ah yes, and move to the libertarian utopia of.... Estonia? You know, everyone in Estonia has a mandatory government ID card, that harbours vast amounts of personal data and is used for everything. Switzerland has mandatory health insurance. In Singapore, hospitals are subsidised!

It's great to be a libertarian in college while you are healthy and reading fringe shite.

AmeriKKKa is so oppressing! zomg Obama is a communist Muslim from Kenya who is having the government take over everything, for example privatising space travel.

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
Ah yes, and move to the libertarian utopia of.... Estonia? You know, everyone in Estonia has a mandatory government ID card, that harbours vast amounts of personal data and is used for everything. Switzerland has mandatory health insurance. In Singapore, hospitals are subsidised!

It's great to be a libertarian in college while you are healthy and reading fringe shite.

AmeriKKKa is so oppressing! zomg Obama is a communist Muslim from Kenya who is having the government take over everything, for example privatising space travel.

I have been wanting to leave America since I was at least 7. I've never liked living here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones