1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free Internal Storage but can not download

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cleo000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. cleo000

cleo000 Lurker

I have the lg volt with no modifications to the processor, storage, or anything like. When I click settings>storage its claims that I have 484Mb left in the internal storage but when I try to download anything it says there is not enough space left in internal memory. I have deleted all but two of my downloaded applications (i.e. didnt come with phone) but I stil can't download anything. This is getting very frustrating because I have a constant alert of internal memory running out. This happened on my old phone (lg optimus elite) and i hoped a newer phone would solve this problem. I have tried downloading apps to move apps and pictured to the sdcard but there is only one app compatable. I have tried a couple of root apps but either i can't figure them out or they don't work. Please help, my only option after this is an iPhone and I strongly prefer android.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jessewcharles

jessewcharles Member

Have you taken a lot of pictures or videos? Move those to external sd, as well as everything in your download folder.

3. jessewcharles

jessewcharles Member

Do you happen to use an alternate app market, like aptoide or blackmart?

4. cleo000

cleo000 Lurker

First of all, thanks for responding but to answer ur questions, no i have not taken an imsane amount of pictures (around 700mb worth, idk if that's a ridiculous amt or not). The problem I have with moving pictures is that on the lg volt i can not move pictures or videos to an external sd card, yet another problem. My phone also shows that i ha e 484mb free but either doesn't use those mb or displays I have more space than i really do. To answer your second question, no, I have only used google play to download apps. Idk if you have any ideas after my phone rejects all reasonable ideas but if you do I would love to hear them.

Thanks again

jessewcharles likes this.
  5. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

change the save folder on the camera app to save to sd..... and then you have to move all the pics/vids over using a computer..... you can pretty much move any app to sd if you have root and you change the permission that google started with kitkat that makes them the owner of your sd card and nothing can write to it..... I had to solve this problem because I could not edit song tags because it keep telling me i do not have permission .... the space you have left might be saved for something like virtual memory or something.... its had to believe that your phones storage is filled up with just 2 apps and vids/pics.... i have tons of apps and still have well over 1.2gig..... more if I clear app data and cache

jessewcharles likes this.
  6. jessewcharles

jessewcharles Member

Oh yeah... I forgot about the SD card issue because I'm rooted too. My bad! But that's definitely what's taking up space.
    Do you have a computer? Sync all the pics and videos, then you can delete from your phone... Until a fix is available, or you root.

7. jessewcharles

jessewcharles Member

MCF3778, I have around 1.5gig free. But I have deleted a lot of system apps. Before I rooted, I had around what cleo000 had. Have you deleted system apps as well? Or is this with stock apps?

8. donjuro

donjuro Android Expert

The problem comes from the fact that KitKat does not allow apps to communicate with the external SD card unless the app was built into the system. To circumvent this you'd have to root and run the sdfix.

9. cleo000

cleo000 Lurker

I have moved all of my pictures onto my laptop but I can't find a good rooter, does anyone have any suggestions?

10. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

It you are on z4, you have to roll back to z3, then installed the rooted z4 rom on here. If you are on z3, then towelroot.

11. MCF3778

MCF3778 Member

I wish someone would create a new root tool.... I really need to update because my phone is qwerky with 4.4.2 .... really runs like shit after it is either on for 2 days or I open too many apps..... I will not do a factory reset for any reasons....this has to be seamless for me to upgrade

12. cleo000

cleo000 Lurker

I'm sorry, I'm not very good with this kind of stuff but bg4m3r, how do i know if im on z3 or z4 and if I am on z4 how do I rollback?

13. jeffmd

jeffmd Well-Known Member

use a program like appmgr III and see if you have temporary files taking up the rest of that space.

14. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

To go Settings > About Phone > Software Information > look at the software version.

To roll back, you'll need to folow this:
    http://androidforums.com/volt-all-things-root/861292-how-restore-phone-dl-mode.html

To reupdate, follow this:
    http://androidforums.com/volt-all-things-root/872005-rom-zv4-updated-stock-rom.html

I don't know if you have a friend who is more experienced with working with phones? The process is above novice level.

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews