1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free is not Always Good

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elbmek, Apr 18, 2012.

1. elbmek

elbmek Well-Known Member

I downloaded some free apps, some were actually useful, but have now deleted nearly all of them because I started getting ads on my phone. I downloaded Lookout Adscan and it found dozens of trojans in my phone. I have removed all bar two. These two are embedded in ThinkFree Office which was already installed my my phone when I got it but never used. How do I delete it - its not listed in Apps and when I did get into it, there is no uninstall??? How to uninstall ThinkFree??

If people want to advertise on MY phone they pay ME

Deleted User and socrates0 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. socrates0

socrates0 Android Enthusiast

Agree 100% :D

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah, right! Free things are hardly ever "free of charge" (the same with PC software). The Lookout adscan app is a great advice!

4. Brian566

Brian566 Well-Known Member

Hi Could not find Adscan is this the same one
    "Lookout Ad Network Detector "

5. trajikka

trajikka Newbie

I can't find Lookout Adscan anywhere either. Are you sure that was the name of the app? I see Lookout Ad Network Detector, Lookout Security & Antivirus, and several other Lookout apps, but not Adscan.

I always run firewall and antivirus software on my PC, but didn't years back because of how much they slowed down my underpowered systems.

So I've been hesitant to try apps that do that on the Ace. But there is avast! Mobile Security that provides both on Android based phones.

Does anyone have any experience avast who can report on its effect on the phones performance?

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi,
    In another thread Elbmek mentioned the Lookout Ad Network Detector. That's the one he means in this thread (I think, at least that's the one I've downloaded).

7. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

All these problems can be solved if you are ROOTED.

You can delete system apps, modify app's permissions, block all ads etc.
    I rooted my ACE 6 months ago, haven't seen an ad since :D

8. galaxyace152

galaxyace152 Well-Known Member

I rooted my Ace and installed Adfree. Now I have forgotten how ads looks like! :p

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews