1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free lightweight music player

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Rgarner, Feb 16, 2022.

1. Rgarner

Rgarner Android Expert

It doesn't really have to have full features. Just something capable of playing music continually in the background should work. I don't want to have to pay, get spied on, have something eating up a lot of space, etc.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Simple Music Player on F-Droid.
    I don't use it personally but it looks like what you want.

3. Trom

Trom Android Enthusiast

I like simple music player by simple mobile tools, its the only one I've found that won't start playing automatically when I establish a Bluetooth connection. I used to have tasked grab the controls to avoid that but it doesn't work as a couple of os updates ago. Simple music player does exactly what I want, no more, no less, and without cute bs.

4. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

I also like and have Simple Music Player.

But, the equalizer won't work on most of my devices, and I cannot select the built in equalizer on the device from this app either.

BlackPlayer allows me to switch between either equalizer, and they both work.

Plus there are some other sweet features, like being able to fetch lyrics and stuff.

The link I posted above is for the last ad-free version of the app.

mikedt and Rgarner like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've been using Foobar2000 for a long time now. It's FOSS, and so it's free(libre & gratis), no spyware, no ads, and isn't bloated. Can definitely recommend it.
    https://www.foobar2000.org/apk

Rgarner likes this.
  6. katerine88

katerine88 Lurker

Thank you very much. I love simple apps to whistle music. The kind of app where you don't have to be a pro at all. I signed up right away and it was easy and straightforward.

Rgarner likes this.