1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Free month of service

Discussion in 'Virgin Mobile' started by drlipschitz, Oct 12, 2012.

1. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Just got this email:

"Hi Dr. Lipschitz,

It's not every day that a customer like you comes along. So as a token of our appreciation, we wanted to give you a little something special back...a full month of service on us!

That's right - we covered your monthly charge, no strings attached. It's our way of saying thanks for being a Virgin Mobile customer.

Sound too good to be true? Nah. We already added the money to your account on or around 10/09/2012 so your phone will be set for a whole month. After that, just remember to pay your monthly payment to keep your service working. We hope you enjoy a month of service on us.

Thanks, bye! Virgin Mobile"

Anyone else gotten this? I'm on the 25/mo plan

Advertisement

2. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Male
    Manufactoring
    S.W. Lower Michigan
    No, but if true, I'll sure be keeping my eyes open.

3. Enroll

Enroll Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Im mad now, I have been a customer for 2 years and bought 3 phones from them but I still haven't got this yet :p I got the samsung intercept paid $200, then the V $50, and then The V 4G at $300 pre order...Wow I went through 3 phones in less than 2 years :p.

4. medmansri

medmansri Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Don't they normally give you a free month of service when you havent top-uped up in a while?

5. hiwatt

hiwatt Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2011
    N Side of Chicago
    That seems very doubtful.

6. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I've "topped-up" regularly every month and I've had 5 phones over the last 3 years with virgin mobile. This is the first complimentary month of service I've had and I must say its just another reason to stick to prepaid...I don't imagine Verizon customers paying $100/month even receive perks like this

7. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL

It's true. I got one (as did my daughter) via US Postal Service and not in email. Just an attempt to get me back with their company (since I left 4 months ago). Sorry that the photo is sideways!

[​IMG]

8. Kahroo

Kahroo Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    NJ
    I've got that once before on a number I don't use anymore.

And not to make fun of you but when I read your name Dr. Lipschitz, it made me think of the rugrats.

9. drlipschitz

drlipschitz Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I'm not a real doctor, I only play one on a cartoon

10. landonh12

landonh12 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Male
    10th Grade Student
    Gulfport, MS
    I got a free month after Hurricane Isaac. They sent me a text and said it was for "Hurricane Isaac relief"

11. bomblord

bomblord Active Member

Dec 25, 2011
    I've gotten it once before they added $20 to my account it didn't call it a free month though just 20 dollars for being a great customer.

12. Latah Pines

Latah Pines Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Male
    Arvada, CO
    Recently got something similar for my son's PayLo phone. He only had it for a month, then got it "taken away" for a month, then in the mail comes a $15 bonus for topping up $15, so basically a month of service for $15. :)

13. RyanSupertramp

RyanSupertramp Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Male
    Project Manager
    Phoenix Arizona
    I've gotten this before. I've had VM off and on for about 6 years and I BELIEVE I got this about 2 years ago. Pretty cool stuff when they do this!