• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

free movie rental on your X

anybody know where you can see a remaining balance..like was the 5 dollars but on my debit card i used for my blockbuster account..if so then did blockbuster basically give me lik 5 bucks to use ANYWHERE???

no the $5 will not be put on your debit card. it will be put on your blockbuster account. you just have to sign up with your debit/credit card in case you rent any more afterwards.

Upvote 0
If you haven't tried your blockbuster app, do it. You get an email from blockbuster with a promo code for $5 for activating your blockbuster app on your X. I rented "She's out of my League" for $3.99 so it was free and i have money left over for my next rental.

They got you! Now you have to buy one to use the rest of your credit. Frankly I think they are WAY over priced.

Upvote 0
It will if there is enough of a balance on it to cover whatever the amount is they set for deposit or whatever you want to call it.

Ask me how I know.:eek:

As long as it is valid when they do a $1 charge to make sure it is a valid card (the charge shows up as pending but never posts to your account, it just goes away after a day or 2), then yes that will work fine.

Upvote 0
Is this a streaming service or does it download the whole movie locally?

In other words, can I watch a movie where I have no 3G/Wifi access?

It downloads to your phone. It requires wifi to download but took me less than 10 min to download an entire movie. You have 30 days to watch a rental, and once you start watching it you have 24 hours until it expires.

Upvote 0
I don't understand why they don't allow streaming the rental through HDMI to our tv's. I mean it would be one thing if there were other options out there, but my Xbox 360 has Netflix, my sony blu ray has Netflix...it's just natural for people to want to watch it on a BIG screen. Cmon blockbuster, be the first ones to allow us to watch movies anywhere on any device and i'll give you your 4.99....otherwise Redbox is $1 rentals...and Netflix is 9.99 a MONTH!

Upvote 0
I don't understand why they don't allow streaming the rental through HDMI to our tv's. I mean it would be one thing if there were other options out there, but my Xbox 360 has Netflix, my sony blu ray has Netflix...it's just natural for people to want to watch it on a BIG screen. Cmon blockbuster, be the first ones to allow us to watch movies anywhere on any device and i'll give you your 4.99....otherwise Redbox is $1 rentals...and Netflix is 9.99 a MONTH!

I totally agree. I won't rent very many movies on my phone until we can use hdmi, then i will rent a lot more on my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones