• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Music App with Station Caching?

Raryn

Nov 14, 2010
One of the applications I use most on my blackberry was Slacker radio, especially when I was somewhere without a connection (like an airplane). The BB version of slacker has a free feature that would let me connect my phone to my laptop and cache versions of my stations on it, so they woudn't take up battery life streaming and could even be played offline. Slacker came out with this feature for Android (even wirelessly!) but using it requires you to have their $5/month premium subscription.

Is there any android app that lets me use radio like Slacker and Pandora and also lets me cache the stations to the phone for free, so I can play them offline as well?

Note: I do NOT need/want an app that lets me pirate music. The illegality of it doesn't bother as much as I think its more trouble than its worth, and I like having the app build me stations from lists of recommendations based on what I selected in the first place.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones