1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Free Standard Apps - Can't Delete

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by thebeachbum, Sep 4, 2011.

1. thebeachbum

thebeachbum Guest

I have an HTC Incredible with Verizon. My contract is up soon and need to know if the "free" standard apps continue to be loaded on Android phones. Bigger question is can you delete them? I don't mean hide them with an app but truly delete them.

Don't mean to start an argument here but it is my understanding that IPhones do not burden you with this kind of garbage.

Appreciate any responses.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. starxpilot

starxpilot Android Enthusiast

Hello!

You have this right, HTC Incredible S - Android Forums ? You can find information about apps specific to the phone there and here, Android Applications - Android Forums . By "Free" do you mean like Stock Apps? *Clock, Calculator, Market, etc* or Apps specific to the phone itself? There are Stock Apps, from your phone's manufacturer, the Android OS itself *Apps with Google in them*, and "Bloat" apps, apps that come via your phone carrier, usually are trial ware. Any Applications downloaded/bought Via Market can be re-downloaded on a new Android phone, as long as its compatible, Hardware and OS version, it varies depending on the apps in question. Any Bought Apps from the Market won't need to be re-bought as they are attached to the Google account itself.

As for Verizon's own apps and store *Not familiar with them* those I can't quite be sure.

Hope this helps, I see its your first post here, welcome to AndroidForums!

3. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

if the apps wont let u u uninstall them then you need to root and do it that way

once you root you can remove them with titanium backup

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

If you do root and freeze, be careful what apps you're freezing as doing so with a system app could stop the phone from booting.

Also, generally speaking, if you manage to get an unbranded phone, it will have less bloat on it.

5. Haggistech

Haggistech Well-Known Member

adding onto this post which might help the OP

uninstall is simple it removes it completely form the phone

what does Freezing it do?

6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Keeps it on the phone and locks it, preventing you or Android from accessing it.

Haggistech likes this.
  7. thebeachbum

thebeachbum Guest

The "Free" apps are like Amazxon MP3, Car Panel, facebook, footprints, friendstream, peep, teeter, etc. Seems to be all bloat and adware.

Appreciate your feedback.