• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free to AIR TV channel

Hi,

I am user of Sony Xperia. Can androind phones with radio chipset, play free to air tv channels? I am from India. Could not find any app for this. If any app is there or any programming documentation available, kindly point me there. One app for UK I found. For India / APAC just thinking if anything is there.

Thanks & regards
Aniruddha

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Aniruddha.

Not exactly sure I understand what you're asking, but if you mean can the radio on the Xperia pickup the TV broadcast signal, I'm guessing no.

I see that there are many models of the Xperia device here on our home page (Android Phones - Android Forums), so maybe you could post a thread in your device's particular area and see if the folks there have the answer to your question.

Cheers and thanks for signing-up with us :).

Reactions: Kaat72
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones