• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

billster2006

Nov 23, 2009
heres a funny story my fiance' had the droid 1 and we went to verizon because it kept restarting on its own. so they said they would send a replacement for it. however they kept sending it to our old address even though we have updated our address with them and today good ol fed ex guy comes to the door with her phone and she opens the box and low and behold droid 2 and an apology letter saying sorry the warehouse is outta d1's and heres a free upgrade to d2 how sweet is that.

I got the same treatment. Not to excited... A phone with this much power under the hood shouldnt lag when you UNLOCK THE SCREEN!!!

I agree. I've been using the Droid 1 with Sapphire 1.0, OC'd to 1.2Ghz. I was excited when I saw a brand new Droid 2 in the mail after the keys started falling off of my Droid, but once I started using it I wasn't all that impressed.

Between the bloatware and the fact that it isn't compatible with the Droid 1 car mount, I was kind of unhappy. I ended up calling Verizon and telling them that their apology letter wasn't enough, and ended up with a $50 credit.

Upvote 0
I went through a bunch of D1 refurbs before VZW agreed to send me a D2 upgrade, arriving tomorrow.

I played w/a D2 today and the performance was excellent - this was with all 7 home screens and a ridiculous number of widgets loaded...expecting it to be even better w/the moto-blur widgets removed and running Launcher Pro as the home screen.

The performance of the D2 was noticeably better than my D1 (which is running CyanogenMod 6.0, Launcher Pro, four home screens/no moto-blur, and overclocked at 800Mhz). I'm expecting good things from my D2.

Upvote 0
Similar experience here. My first Droid had an issue and the replacement they sent would crash every time I got a phone call. It took over a week to get and I let them know I was not happy. A few days later I got the Droid 2 with an apology letter. I would call that pretty good customer service from Verizon. Gotta give them credit when they earn it.

Upvote 0
I got the same treatment. Not to excited... A phone with this much power under the hood shouldnt lag when you UNLOCK THE SCREEN!!!

The X is the same way it was so irritating when i had it which is why i returned it(plus how big it was) and will be getting the fascinate. I almost got the d2 but decided to wait and see what the fascinate has to offer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones