1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Freebie Promotion With Note 8?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrueFangz, Aug 15, 2017.

1. picrthis

picrthis Newbie

If you buy directly from Samsung in the USA at least you the gifts the same time you get the phone, If you bought from your Carrier it doesn't matter what the carrier told you, register with Samsung AFTER you have the phone in-hand and you can choose your gifts, you'll need the Phone's Serial Number AND MAC address, it will take about a month to get the gifts, I haven't heard of any carrier handing out the gifts themselves as this is actual a Samsung PROMO although some carriers act like it's their deal :)

Advertisement

marctronixx likes this.
  2. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

My confirmation email just shows my Gear360 as a preorder and a ship date for it along with my Note8. But then, as mentioned above, I ordered from Samsung direct.

marctronixx likes this.
  3. PhoebeDog

PhoebeDog Newbie

I'm just curious about which of the freebies--either the camera or the wireless charger and SD card--most people are getting with their Note 8. I still haven't decided.

4. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

My wife has her 256 GB SD card from last year along with the two micro C charger cables that came with the note 7

5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

I went with the Gear 360... I already have one, but I'll sell it and keep the new one.

6. maxjam123

maxjam123 Lurker

Im in Australia and I get a wireless charger

The_Chief likes this.
  7. dmunz

dmunz Well-Known Member

I took the charger and the SD Card. I have a GoPro so the Gear 360 would be something else to schlep along when traveling. I thought about picking it up to sell but was intrigued by the wireless charger. We will see how it works out.

FWIW
    DLM

The_Chief likes this.
  8. TrueFangz

TrueFangz Android Enthusiast

Update- so when I had the Shop Samsung app on my S7e, it said I didn't have any active promotions (or something similar to that). When I loaded the app on the Note8 yesterday, I signed in, and it immediately took me to the page to register for the gifts. Pretty quick and simple, entered my name and address, selected from a dropdown box on where I bought the phone, took a pic of the receipt, and hit submit. It wasn't even 30 seconds, I got an email saying I was approved, and my gifts should ship the week of 09/25. Too cool!

The_Chief likes this.
  9. The_Chief

VIP Member

AWESOME! Remember to go into Galaxy Apps... there are a lot of good apps in there for new owners. I discovered ArtRage, which allows you to draw and paint with the S Pen. It has some surprisingly powerful features: and the harder you press, the heavier the result. Just like real life!

marctronixx and TrueFangz like this.
  10. TrueFangz

I can't seem to find ArtRage...

11. The_Chief

VIP Member

Open Galaxy Apps, select Exclusives, go all the way to the bottom to Galaxy Gifts, VIEW ALL, and it should be #8. If not, it's in there somewhere. Autodesk Sketchbook is #5 and it WAS a great drawing app... but apparently it's abandonware and hasn't been updated in over a year. Art Rage is cutting edge, and their customer service team is fast to respond to questions.

marctronixx likes this.
  12. TrueFangz

Weird, still no dice. What version of Galaxy Apps are you running? Mine says 4.2.12.42 (which is up to date as far as my phone says). I don't even see "Galaxy Gifts" and trying to search "ArtRage" or "Art Rage" all I get are dorky results LOL.

marctronixx likes this.
  13. The_Chief

VIP Member

#38 The_Chief, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    marctronixx likes this.
  14. TrueFangz

Here's all I see at the very bottom. Oh well. Not paying for it lol.

Attached Files:

marctronixx likes this.
  15. Former Note 7 owners can indeed get Note 8 at a good price.:p

moricesims likes this.
  16. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Thread moved back to the Note 8 channel... :)

marctronixx likes this.
  17. TrueFangz

I did see that they have a free version of Art Rage. I downloaded it but haven't opened it yet. I did however play around with PenUp quite a bit last night. Funny, this is my 6th different note phone, and I've never dabbled with PenUp till now. Seems pretty awesome!

The_Chief likes this.
  18. The_Chief

VIP Member

I got the Gear VR (Note 8) and the Gear 360 - everything came with the phone. EXCEPT the Alcantara case, which is a separate order. Apparently they're not shipping yet... but Samsung assured me that I should have it by the 14th.

marctronixx and TrueFangz like this.
  19. TrueFangz

So you got your gifts WITH the phone? Guess that's the benefit of buying directly from Sammy huh? We have to buy ours directly from VZW in order to keep our contracts and company discount structure.

Last year with the Note7 I got the 256gb SD card, this year with the Note 8 I ended up getting the 128gb SD card and Charger, only because I wanted the charger. Didn't think I'd have much use for the 360 camera. I have last year's model of Samsung's fast charge wireless charger at my desk at work, so my plan is to take the new charger home for my night stand as the one I have is a VZW model I got back in the day when I had the Moto Droid Turbo. It does the trick, but it's old, and doesn't do fast charge.

Probably won't even use the 128gb card, but it's always nice to have extra space somewhere if needed.

Just for shiggles, this was seen on your Note5, correct? Do you still see it on your Note8, or do you now get the same screen as I did?

#44 TrueFangz, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. aebaylorjr

aebaylorjr Lurker

Free with my note 8:

256gb sd card
    Wireless convertible chargee

21. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

N o Galaxy Gifts at the bottom of my page either. Ends with B612.

22. Rambusa

Rambusa Lurker

I claimed my gear camera yesterday and got a email today saying it has shipped! Talk about fast Service!!

marctronixx likes this.
  23. madebob5

madebob5 Lurker

Charger and card

24. rman1701

rman1701 Lurker

Yeah I got my email today that I'm getting my 360 Gear via Fedex

25. lim060911

lim060911 Newbie

Same I got my email yesterday I'm super excited to get the 360 camera

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews