1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Freeze at boot after hard fall on ground

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by austinberke, Sep 27, 2011.

1. austinberke

austinberke Lurker
    Dec 8, 2010

Dec 8, 2010
    Most of you should be familiar of the battery/case flying out when the Optimus S (or many phones for that matter) hits the ground. I have dropped my phone many times, accidentally of course, but this time I think something went wrong. I was browsing the web when the phone hit the ground so I don't think it could have corrupted anything, unless maybe it was saving to cache or something. When I turn the phone back on, it goes through the LG splash, the short Sprint clip, and the Android logo, but that's where it stops. It shows the logo for about 10 seconds, then the animation freezes, then goes black for half a second and goes through the same process. I tried removing the battery multiple times, charging it, removing the MicroSD card, etc. to no avail. What should I do? I don't want to hard reset, because I have photos, texts, apps, settings that I want to keep, but if that's my only option, is there a possibility I can salvage some of the data before doing so? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks