1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Freeze / hang issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oldskoolboyzz, Mar 28, 2013.

1. oldskoolboyzz

oldskoolboyzz Lurker
    None

Mar 24, 2012
    i just bought my galaxy note ii 3 weeks ago. lately my phone suddenly started to hang or freeze. i need to pull the batery out if i wan my phone to turn normally. anyone experience this? and sometimes my phone lags a bit. i hope someone can help me.

p/s- sorry for my english ^^

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    How much space is left on the internal storage?

Apparently, Android devices can get sluggish if they have less than maybe 1GB of free internal space.

3. whitecollar

whitecollar Clericus Geekicus
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Male
    Clergy
    Lakewood, Ohio
    I had that problem and it turned out to be the At&t voicemail viewer app (which I have been told has been fixed but I'm not brave enough to re-install it yet because it was such a giant pain). What helped me find the problem was re-starting in SAFE mode and using it that way for a day or so. In SAFE mode for me it didn't freeze at all. That way I was sure it was some app (because in SAFE mode you don't get the third party apps) that was causing the problem. At least that way you know it isn't the hardware and can start to work on which app you downloaded that is causing the problem.

4. tigmd99

tigmd99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 19, 2013
    Male
    I would look hard into any recent apps that you installed. I would un-install any recent apps and see if that fixes the issue. Good luck.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello oldskookboyzz. As mentioned in a post above, recently installed apps are suspect. Many may have included services which are shared by system widgets and apps; slowdowns, resource drain and hangs are often the result.

Malware can do similar things. Read this site: 8 Tips to Stay Away from Android Malware

The first thing to do is clear caches in all downloaded stuff, using the Application Manager in the main Settings menu. Reboot and see if that makes a difference (you should never have to remove the battery to return your device to normal operational speed).

If things are ok after cache clearing and rebooting, further enhance your device's speed by going into all apps and widgets settings and set as many as you can to sync manually rather than auto sync. Programs such as Facebook, Weather, News, Gmail etc. That way those apps will not be doing anything in the system until you click their icon and tell them to update their info for you at that moment. Not all are necessary, but all those that you can live with in that condition. ;)