• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help freezing and rebooting

Nexus 10 freezes then reboots, this happens regardless of what I'm doing and it's getting annoying now?

Has anyone spoke to Google yet, hardware or software issue?

I'm thinking that if it is a software issue then there is probably no point in getting a replacement, same old early adopter annoying bugs

Nexus 10 freezes then reboots, this happens regardless of what I'm doing and it's getting annoying now?

I'm thinking that if it is a software issue then there is probably no point in getting a replacement, same old early adopter annoying bugs

Have you applied the recent System Update? Have you done a Factory reset? My Nexus 10 runs like a dream so perhaps you have a Rogue app?

Upvote 0
I'm running jelly bean 4.2.1, pretty sure that's the latest... I've read other people are having similar issues

Yup that is the latest. Have you done a Factory reset? I had a similar situation with my Transformer Infinity and I kept Factory Resetting and then restoring from a backup but the issue would not go away. Finally I did a factory reset and did not restore my backup and everything went back to normal. Whatever the bug was the backup kept bringing it back. Try doing a factory reset. Once you sign in Google should do it's thing and push your Apps back down to your Nexus.

Upvote 0

Hi Matt. Check this thread. It seems to be a common issue people are having after the update. You can try turning off GPS and see if that helps. It seems to have helped for some.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones