1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Freezing issues with Velocity V0.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by radiowackoman, Feb 22, 2011.

1. radiowackoman

radiowackoman Member

I'm using Velocity V0.4 and am experiencing the occasional freezing problem. My phone tends to lock up when using the Navigator or Places apps, and has done it once when uploading a picture to Facebook. It freezes and then reboots - sometimes it gets stuck at the boot screen and I have to end up pulling the battery.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues? Any fixes?

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Are you overclocking? Maybe turn it down a notch. If not try reinstalling maps from the market.

3. radiowackoman

radiowackoman Member

Haven't overclocked... just to make sure, I set the CPU to 60000mhz Interactive, and turned off turbo.

For reference, I am not planning on rooting to 2.2, because I don't fully understand the process. I don't want to risk bricking my phone [although with these freezing issues, I wouldn't mind risking snapping the thing in half :) ]

4. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

Well i dont know. Id try wiping cache and dalvik cache and if the doesnt work try reflashing velocity .4 and i think you should consider upgrading to 2.2 through the gguide posted by trident. You say you dont understand the process, so why not read about it and do it. What better way to learn! Then there wont be that in your way next time or with your next phone. Between the forum and the ally irc if you just do some reading it will work just fine.

Tags: