• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Freezing on startup screen

Evildawn

May 17, 2011
My phone started doing this to me yesterday and its becoming very bothersome. Being a trucker I need my phone to be reliable should I get stuck miles away from civilization. So this is basically what's happening.

My phone will stop reacting to absolutely everything I try to do on it. It will recognize the fact that I've touched an icon by lighting it up but otherwise ignores me basically. This is the same with every phone function aside from sliding between screens. Even trying to turn my phone off doesn't work it'll go through the actions then nothing the phones still on and still frozen. At this point I sadly have no option but to remove the battery to power down my phone. This is where things get extremely annoying when I attempt to turn the phone back on it freezes on the motorola symbol.. I should mention im using a droid x I guess. the phone will stay frozen on this logo for eternity I suppose I gave up hoping it'd pass after 20 minutes. It takes roughly an hour of removing the battery and trying again before my phone is finally ready to cooperate and turn itself in for me. I've noticed over the several times this has happened in the last 2 days that the phone takes less time before it'll turn back on if I plug it into the charger... even though my battery is clearly reading as being charged. Anyone know what's going on and a way to fix it without having to factory reset my phone again.... id sooner unroot and return it for a new phone with all the problems this overpriced paperweight has if im gonna have to start for scratch anyway.

On a maybe unrelated issue what exactly does it do when you start your phone by holding the power button and home button at the same time.... I tried that while attempting anything I could think of to get my phone working. It brings me to a. ! Inside a triangle with a lil android.... first time I saw this screen it scared me lol.

Running 2.2.1 never went to GB with so many negative remarks on it... tho I currently experience alot of the same issues described in gb rants. No roms the only reason my phone is rooted was for overclock and to free up some memory. Im also running go launcher.

Also rooted Usin z4root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones