1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root freezing problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinniemac3, Apr 5, 2011.

1. vinniemac3

vinniemac3 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    ok so i rooted my friends phone with unrevoked and added amon ra and put on koni's elite 3 whenever he reboots it gets stuck on the htc evo screen. wth could be causing this

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    probably a 1000 possible things, did ya wipe cache and dalvik? only issue is during a reboot? Does he get it to boot up? more detail please :).

3. vinniemac3

None

Mar 13, 2011
    yea wiped cache, dalvik cache and data. and its whenever he tries to boot the phone whether he powers off then back on a reboot or from bootloader

4. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    NC
    Honestly dont know vinnie, not sure what the /data wipe was about, people to my knowledge usually dont do that (i never have unless im flashing a diff rom), dont think thats the issue though, besides the issue was likely preceding the /data wipe or you wouldnt have done that.

We can trouble shoot all day but in the end i would just wipe the shit out of it (user data/factory, system, boot, cache, dalvik, what the hell ever else except sdcard of course) and flash koni again.

OR you can wait for someone to try and trouble shoot it :). WHich will take longer? Probably troubleshooting :).

You did back up right after rooting right? :D if not we will trouble shoot and not wipe the shit out of it :).

vinniemac3 likes this.
  5. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    NC
    Also to help wipe between rom flashes i like to use calkulins format all just a handy little tool to help me as i wipe everything, it will wipe, boot, system, data and cache i believe. it tells you as it works. Flashes just like anything else.

6. vinniemac3

None

Mar 13, 2011
    thanks matt. i use calkins also. ill clear it out and redo it all which is what i intended to do anyway but figured maybe would have an idea or something that way in case i ran into it again i would know.

Tags: