• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Freezing problem

Xt51

Android Enthusiast
Dec 17, 2012
Florida
Ok guys i really need help. Just yesterday i started to notice that my lg motion began to act wierd. For starters it started to increase ram usage by like 90% even though nothing was running. Then starting today new things started to happen. For example.
1) when im texting my keyboard freezes up and i cant type anything unless i exit out of messaging.
2) no matter what video i play whether its on the internet (like youtube) or just a movie from my se card it never gets past 14 seconds. And the entire screen just freezes up.
3) my notification bar froze for the first time and did not want to respond until i restarted my phone. After it booted up i pulled down my notification bar and everything had symbols under the icons. Could not get rid of them

Yes i have my phone rooted, but i rooted it a couple weeks ago. Im thinking about a factory reset, but im starting to think that flashing it to stock rom would work better. I really do not want to do that though so if i can get any help i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

If you have the 2nd init recovery installed just go into recovery and go to the advanced option then clear dalvik, if not then use rom toolbox, it has a wipe dalvik option somewhere in that mess.
well i just did a factory reset and so far it fixed the problem..hope it doesn't happen to me again, but if it does I'll take your guys advice. Thanks for the help guys! :D

Reactions: Sepero
Upvote 0
My phone is doing the same thing, but it's not rooted... Anyone know what i should do???
Welcome to the forums, selenay24.
The simplest advice would be to back everything up, and do a factory reset/erase on your phone. If your phone continues to act up, you may have a manufacturing issue. LG has a 1 year manufacturers warranty on it's devices if you need to exchange it.

Though it's most likely that you just have a program misbehaving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones