• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Frequent crashes

My Incredible has recently started to crash frequently and it seems to keep getting worse, now at least once or twice per day. It never crashes while I am using it, but I will go to check it later and it is dead. This is getting frustrating because I am missing calls without even knowing the phone is off. I either have to pop the battery or plug into power to force a reboot. I

I have been having this problem at work, but not at home. I found that my business wireless had a signal that fluctuated between good to weak to no signal at all, up and down all day long. At home, the DSL wireless remained constant.

On a whim, I shut off the wi-fi signal from work, and pirated someone else's DSL signal. The problem stopped altogether!

It seems that the phone was on wi-fi all the time, either through GPS or searching for upgrades to the apps installed. As my signal strength fluctuated, the phone would crash in the middle of a search or download.

I have a 10 year-old router, which I have ordered a replacement for, and have been assured that it will perform much more reliably. Hope my experience helps others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones